Marketing Scientist/Econometric Modeler
Analytical Insights | Los Angeles, CA
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and delivers unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
We’re searching for individuals with excellent quantitative and analytical skills who can develop actionable quantitative models and analyses to help clients address their marketing challenges such as marketing effectiveness, ROI, brand equity impact, channel effectiveness, and pricing.
Ideal candidates will have the opportunity to grow in a number of areas:
- Market response modeling: Architect and create complex market response models covering the complete portfolio of marketing activities of our clients. These models not only address short term effects of marketing but also the long term impact on brand and competitive position
- Project management: Manage workstreams and priorities for distinct projects; Support development of client deliverables; Organize aspects of projects
- Methodology development: Contribute to MarketShare’s portfolio of internal tools and client facing products providing new analytical functionality and process efficiency gains
- Interdisciplinary work: interact with multiple teams across the firm to provide and improve our end-to-end solution: Data Management, Optimization, Strategy consulting and Engineering.
- Marketing: gain a deep understanding of how marketing works across a wide range of clients and industries
What We Look For
As a company developing innovative and ground-breaking solutions for our clients, we recognize that candidates from distinct backgrounds may be a good potential fit. Our ideal candidates possess a combination of professional work experience in marketing analytics, especially marketing/media mix modeling, predictive analytics, or financial analysis.
- Excellent diagnostic skills to analyze and identify discrepancies within data sets
- Advanced proficiency with analytic software tools such as R, SAS, SPLUS, Matlab, Eviews and a good understanding of the statistical algorithms typically used in Marketing Analytics
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
- Demonstrate the ability to both autonomously lead the analysis portion of client engagements and work efficiently within an interdisciplinary team
- Critical thinking ability with high motivation and a strong willingness to learn
- Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, marketing science, economics or an applied science.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare employees with unsolicited resumes.