Cloud Operation Manager
Engineering | Bangalore, India
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and delivers unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
To apply for open positions, please visit MarketShare.com/careers
Cloud Operation Manager
The products team at MarketShare is looking for a Cloud Operation Manager – Engineering who would help to operate the next general SaaS Platform for marketing. MarketShare has created unique, break-through tools around resource allocation and optimization that are unprecedented and our solutions are driving massive change in the industry. We have been productizing these solutions and are taking them to the next level of scalability, performance and user-friendliness, while at the same time continuing to innovate and expanding on our vision to create the industry’s authority solutions.
If you are an engineer cum manager with tons of Enthusiasm, Energy, Intelligence, a Can-Do attitude and passion for developing and supporting innovative and groundbreaking business solutions, we’d like to speak with you. We’re looking for someone who wants the challenge of working on implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions and deploying actionable and highly effective analytics solution to solve real business problems.
- Manages and mentors a team of Cloud operations Team
- Define and implement end-to-end processes with clear roles and responsibilities for our Cloud Operations Team, as well as oversee the adherence to these processes
- Direct and supervise the activities of our Cloud Operations partners according to contractual agreements and obligations including reporting, monitoring, and dashboards
- Track our cloud customer SLAs and ensure total conformity to these customer commitments
- Create and maintain complete and accurate documentation for the purpose of operational audits including security and compliance
- Determine necessary operations certifications and implement plans for securing and maintaining these certifications
- Coordinate internal activities across Marketshare and our cloud partners, ensuring achievement of the above responsibilities
- Continuously review and enhance processes and operating procedures needed to maintain the most cost effective enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure
- Innovate and actively look for improvements to our Cloud Operations
- Identify and promote best practices and patterns for the setup, configuration and management including databases, servers, and network and storage systems
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that promotes a high level of personal commitment and accountability and a continued focus on quality and efficiency
- Create and implement staff development plans to create a strong technical team
- Work in a high paced and rewarding environment with bleeding edge technologies and innovative concepts
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, with 10-15 years of relevant experience of IT 3+ yrs of experience as a Manager of SaaS Operations.
- At least 5+ years experience in Unix/Linux System Infrastructure Administration in a SaaS or Cloud Operations.
- Are passionate about delivering premiere 24x7 enterprise-grade cloud and hosted services
- Are experienced in leading hosted operations for large enterprises, with a proven track record
- Have managed 24x7 third-party operations partners
- Preferably have experience with Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers
- Have an in-depth technical understanding and first-hand experience in operating 24x7 production environments
- Able to quickly identify approaches to resolving problems
- Able to resolve crisis situations and guide the team to quick resolution
- Have worked on production environment compliance, certifications, and audits including security
- Continuously raise the bar on what defines customer service delivery
- Understand enterprise product development and technical environments such as J2EE, SQL databases, networking, load balancers, and security
- Able to work effectively across teams within Marketshare and with partners to “make it happen”
- The candidate must be able to think and act independently as required & must possess strong communication skills.
- Leadership qualities, manages and mentors a team
- A good team player, high level of personal commitment & 'can do' attitude.
- Strong communication skill to communicate at all levels, which includes interaction within the team & with senior management.
- The candidate should have proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Good analysis skills in order to troubleshoot and resolve the problems.
- Not having constraints to respond to work requirements at various times of the day/night including for On-call duties and/or weekend activities.