Application Support Manager
Engineering | Bangalore, India
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and delivers unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
To apply for open positions, please visit MarketShare.com/careers
Application Support Manager
The products team at MarketShare is looking for an Application Support Manager – Engineering who would help developing and supporting the next general SaaS Platform for marketing. MarketShare has created unique, break-through tools around resource allocation and optimization that are unprecedented and our solutions are driving massive change in the industry. We have been productizing these solutions and are taking them to the next level of scalability, performance and user-friendliness, while at the same time continuing to innovate and expanding on our vision to create the industry’s authority solutions.
If you are an engineer with manager experience with tons of Enthusiasm, Energy, Intelligence, a Can-Do attitude and passion for developing and supporting innovative and groundbreaking business solutions, we’d like to speak with you. We’re looking for someone who wants the challenge of working on developing actionable and highly effective analytics solution to solve real business problems.
- Manages and mentors a team of application support developers
- Responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of reliable, cost effective Analytical Applications in a hosted environment.
- Experience customer requirements first hand and design solutions which go beyond traditional BI solutions.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new Analytics.
- Identifies and promotes best practices and patterns for solution design & implementation and all activities related to development, support and maintenance
- Works with Project Managers and Business Owners to plan and prepare for new projects
- Works with the Infrastructure Manager to identify and promote best practices and patterns for the setup, configuration and management including databases, servers, and network and storage systems
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that promotes a high level of personal commitment and accountability and a continued focus on quality and efficiency
- Create and implement staff development plans to create a strong technical team
- Work in a high paced and rewarding environment with bleeding edge technologies and innovative concepts
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, with 10-15 years of relevant experience of IT with significant part in Application development, management and support. Experience of Change management, Incident management, Problem Management in a corporate environment required
- Experience in client-server application support in financial services is an advantage
- Must have strong experience in developing Application strategy – requirements gathering, identification of customer needs, data and technical architecture definition etc.
- Must have hands on experience with Software Development lifecycle including requirements, analysis, design, development and maintenance
- Must have experience with implementation & support of Java-based web applications
- Must have extensive knowledge of web application technologies like Websphere/Tomcat/Weblogic and Middleware technologies
- Working Knowledge of UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Working knowledge of SQL (Mysql/Sybase/Oracle)
- Should be familiar with reporting tools.
- Experience on industry standard application monitoring/instrumentation tools.
- Training is critical part of Implementation process; candidate should have had experience preparing training material as well as delivering effective training to the end users.
- The candidate must be able to think and act independently as required & must possess strong communication skills.
- Leadership qualities, manages and mentors a team
- A good team player, high level of personal commitment & 'can do' attitude.
- Strong communication skill to communicate at all levels, which includes interaction within the team & with senior management.
- The candidate should have proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Good analysis skills in order to troubleshoot and resolve the problems.
- Not having constraints to respond to work requirements at various times of the day/night including for On-call duties and/or weekend activities.
- Should have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems