VP, Software Engineering
MarketCast | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Vice President, Software Engineering to join our growing team in Indianapolis. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a small tech team at a rapidly growing global market research firm. You will work in a highly collaborative environment supporting world-class well-known clients. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Join us and thrive in an innovation-led environment.
- Lead software engineering efforts for key MarketCast initiative, and establish best practices, methodologies, and the appropriate software development cadence to meet the company’s goals.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of software engineers.
- Design and develop services, system architecture, and features/components for key company initiative.
- Develop and apply modern software development standards (i.e. code documentation, automated unit testing, and code reviews).
- Lead brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to improve the company platform.
- Work with the product team and business owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Experience in a modern scaled software development organization.
- Build robust and scalable software.
- MS in Computer Science preferred
- 3-5 years of managing a technical team
- 7 to 10+ years of programming experience in languages such as NodeJS, Python, React, Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails, and .net
- 7 to 10+ years using object-oriented design and development skills
- 7 to 10+ years using a relational database
- 3+ years working with NoSQL and/or Key value stores (MongoDB or Redis or ElasticSearch)
- Interest in any of the following technologies a plus (RabbitMQ/Storm, Big Data [Hadoop/Hive/Pig])
- Cloud based solutions experience is critical
- Uses engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (i.e. Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- A track record of projects completed on time and on spec.
- Satisfaction in a job well done. S/he will have a passion for solving head-scratching challenges.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity, focuses on generating results and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- A team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- A compelling mentor and leader to a group of strong-minded and creative individuals
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.