VP, Research and Strategy
CUSTOM RESEARCH | New York, NY | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a VP, Research and Strategy to join our Strategy Development Team in NYC. This role will work with our various business lines to apply quantitative methods to all life-stages of custom research projects.
- Take an active role in the growth of our agency through new business development
- Build and nurture long-term client relationships
- Provide strategic vision and guidance to teams in uncovering consumer insights and translating them into ideas that address client challenges
- Oversee multiple teams in delivery of projects
- Provide methodology expertise helping keep our agency at the cutting edge of research innovation
- Guide junior staff’s career development
- Deepen our agency’s market presence and reputation through thought leadership contributions
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have 10+ years of experience as a cutting-edge market research provider, or in a brand/marketing consulting role that involves hands-on primary research
- Have a master’s or PhD in social science (e.g., psychology, anthropology), or Marketing or related field.
- Have a proven record of selling strategic research services as the most senior consultant leading the relationship
- Have a solid client network to support the agency’s expansion into new client accounts
- Have proven history of strong professional growth and leadership, including an exceptional track record in client management
- Have hands-on quantitative and/or qualitative research experience in Entertainment/Media.
- Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
- Be a creative problem solver who loves to play with ideas, and can balance big-picture vision and tactical implications
- Be a storyteller who builds a logical argument in a compelling narrative
- Have a strong analytic and communication skills, including superior writing and presentation ability
- Be a compelling mentor and leader to a group of strong-minded and creative individuals
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.