VP, Custom Research - Gaming
CUSTOM RESEARCH | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
At Marketcast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you’re a gaming company creating your next must-play game, a studio developing the next blockbuster, a streamer changing the game, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we deliver data-driven research and insights to move the needle.
As a true full-service agency – research, insights, tracking, social, data science and more – we are perfectly positioned to solve unique (and fascinating) business challenges. We’re looking for passionate, curious, hungry people to join our team and help change the world – one research question at a time.
This role will partner with our Tech and Gaming business line – they do the selling, you do the doing. At a VP level, we’d expect you to be able to manage and provide support on all aspects of primary research for both Qual and Quant methods. The role can be based in either LA or NYC, once we’re back in the office.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Talks the talk (and walks the walk) about Gaming – a truly passionate Gamer both personally and professionally - expert and up-to-date on games services, products and competitive developments.
- Will be excited and committed to building the country’s leading gaming research practice – being on the front lines of developing new gaming research approaches and innovative solutions.
- Thinks strategically, articulates and guides others in uncovering Consumer Insights, and translates them into actionable outcomes for our clients.
- Is curious about gamers and gaming fans – what they think, feel and believe, what motivates them and drives their passion!
- Gets excited about developing, managing, and leading a team, but also rolls up their sleeves and jumps into the work.
- Loves maintaining client relationships – we believe business is about people and relationships, in and out of the research project – a proven track record and strong network is helpful.
- Has proven experience of leading and managing strategic research projects.
- Is a team player – we are stronger together. We value what is accomplished and how we worked together as a team to achieve results.
- Stays on top of the most innovative approaches to research and understands when to use them and when not.
- Is an analytical story-teller who can bring data to life data and build logical arguments through compelling narratives.
- And, is a creative problem solver who loves to play with ideas, and can balance big-picture vision and tactical implications.
- Wants to help us drive and deepen our market presence and reputation.
- 10+ years of hands-on custom insights experience – we dig templated projects and love tracking, but in this group, we're all about the unique business questions, so custom experience is critical.
- 10+ years of experience in Gaming Insights. Experience in other industries including tech and entertainment desired/helpful. Supplier side experience a plus.
- Minimum Batchelor’s degree; Master’s or Ph.D. in a social science (e.g., psychology, anthropology), or Marketing or related field a plus
- Excellent analytic, written, presentation, and communication skills.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And more...
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment.
It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honed, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.