Vice President, Quantitative Research
BRAND TRACKING | Los Angeles or New York | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you’re a video game publisher creating the next must-play title, a streamer changing the game, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we deliver research and insights that engage the fans who matter most.
Led by a world-class team of media and entertainment researchers, data scientists and fanatical gamers, MarketCast’s unique mix of custom research, data science, and content analytics gets into the heads of players and fans to understand how they think, feel and behave. Covering every media and tech platform imaginable, MarketCast delivers the insights to help clients navigate today’s complicated media and gaming landscapes and form strategies to solve their critical business challenges.
We are looking for a Vice President, Quantitative Research to join our Brand and Event Analytics team. This role will manage complex research programs, with a specific emphasis on client and program management. Specific tasks include designing and refining quantitative research instruments, providing actionable and strategic analysis of research results that contextualize performance with an understanding of the business/marketing activities happening within focus categories. The position requires a strong understanding of primary quantitative research design and basic statistics, as well as foundational knowledge of marketing and strategy.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the research process from research design (questionnaire drafting and sample plans), research execution, analysis and interpretation of results, and program deliverables (presentations/reports/data deliverables)
- Managing operations groups (programming, field, data processing, etc) and outside vendors to ensure that reliable, accurate results are delivered to the client in a timely, cost-efficient manner
- Deliver strategic and actionable insights and recommendations through the program deliverables
- Be a visible and strategic partner to all program stakeholders, building and maintaining relationships
- Oversee multiple teams in the delivery of projects across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Supervises project timeline, communications, and quality control
- Mentor and develop junior team members
- Support our agency’s market presence and reputation through thought leadership contributions
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have 10+ years of experience in market research, analytics, or at a strategic agency
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the social sciences, economics, business, marketing, or statistics, or related disciplines.
- Have strong experience with quantitative research, including survey design, sampling plans and analysis, and tracking programs (brand tracking, customer satisfaction, campaign measurement, etc)
- Have strong written and oral communications skills; you know how to translate complex data into actionable insights, and how to structure data to be accessible for different purposes/users.
- Have experience in one or more industries: media and entertainment, sports, or technology.
- Have strong understanding of advanced analytics techniques (e.g. drivers analysis)
- Have experience working with a basic statistics program (e.g. Survey Reporter, MarketSite, Q, SPSS, etc)
- Have proficiency in developing clear narrative and storytelling in presentation, visually and in writing.
- Expert proficiency in Google Docs or MS Office a must.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more..
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.