Vice President of Marketing Sciences
CUSTOM RESEARCH | New York, NY | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Vice President of Marketing Sciences who will lead the growth of our advanced analytics capabilities as part of our custom quantitative research offerings. We recognize that traditional primary research methods can be insufficient in addressing specific and complex challenges facing our clients. These studies require a diverse set of inputs and advanced analytics methods to solve them. As such, this role will focus on elevating our custom quant research capabilities as well as selectively expanding into adjacent areas, e.g., client and third-party data analytics, relevant to branding, marketing effectiveness, and innovation objectives.
- Evolve our advanced analytics toolkit and best practices to ensure they remain at the forefront of the industry
- Lead product and methodology focused R&D, including expansion beyond primary research
- Act as a senior technical expert in new business pursuits
- Lead the analytical design and approach for quantitative primary research projects
- Play the role of a senior technical expert for project teams
- Oversee and execute a variety of advanced analytics, such as conjoint and discrete-choice modeling, market segmentation, structural equation modeling, look-a-like modeling, and market simulators
- Mentor and teach junior team members in advanced analytics methods and interpretation
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a graduate degree in statistics, social sciences with a heavy quantitative emphasis (e.g., psychology, sociology), or other specializations with quantitative emphasis
- Have 10+ years of experience in a related role at a market research firm, an analytics firm, the analytics or data science department of an advertising agency, or in a research and analytics capacity on the client-side
- Have experience in Media and Entertainment industries, desired but required
- Have expert-level proficiency in SPSS; hands-on experience with other advanced statistical programs, e.g., R, SAS, desired
- Have proven experience conducting and communicating established analytical methods, e.g., conjoint and discrete choice methodologies, structural equation modeling, predictive modeling
- Have proven history of strong professional growth and leadership
- Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
- Be a creative problem solver who can balance big picture vision and tactical real-world applications
- Experience managing and mentoring team members with analytics focus
- Be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities
- Have strong communication and influencing skills
- Be an enthusiastic team player
- Role can be based in NYC or LA
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown, and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.