Technical Project Manager of Software Solutions
MarketCast | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager of Software Solutions to join our Team in Indianapolis, with a high level of technical knowledge. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a small tech team at a rapidly growing global market research firm. You will work in a highly collaborative environment supporting world-class well-known clients. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Join us and thrive in an innovation-led environment.
- Organizing and arranging cross-disciplinary team updates to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Motivate, empower, and drive the project team forward, optimizing productivity, and encouraging accountability.
- Ability to document and diagram key components of software solution.
- Run and coordinate daily stand-ups for software development efforts.
- Mentoring and assisting in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Facilitate modern software development practices and ensure appropriate tracking of all development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- 6+ years; experience in technical project management.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex, full-lifecycle software development projects utilizing modern methodologies (i.e. Agile).
- Experience working with teams of Software Engineers who utilize languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, and/or React and .Net.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Satisfaction in a job well done.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity, focuses on generating results, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- A team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- An exceptional communicator able to effectively communicate at all levels throughout an organization
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.