Engineering | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team in Indianapolis. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a key contributor of a small tech team at a rapidly growing global market research firm. As a Software Engineer, on any given day you might be architecting new features, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
- Build robust and scalable software
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects and contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
- Improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Work with the product team and business owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Design and develop services, system architecture, and features/components for key company initiatives.
- Work with the product team and business owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Experience in a modern scaled software development organization.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Should have a strong base in computer science fundamentals
- 3+ years of work experience using object-oriented design and development skills
- 2+ years of work experience using a relational database
- 1+ years of experience working with NoSQL and/or Key-value stores (MongoDB or Redis or ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Cloud-based solutions preferred
- Interest in any of the following technologies a plus (Serverless, NodeJS, Big Data [Hadoop/Hive/Pig])
- Uses engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (i.e. Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- A track record of projects completed on time and on spec.
- Satisfaction in a job is well done. S/he will have a passion for solving head-scratching challenges.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity, focuses on generating results, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- A team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- A compelling mentor and leader to a group of strong-minded and creative individuals
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more..
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small-batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science, and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions, and life experiences fuel our insights and deepen our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.