MarketCast | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team in Indianapolis. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a key contributor to a small tech team at a rapidly growing global market research firm. As a Software Engineer, on any given day you might be architecting new features, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
- Build robust and scalable software
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects and contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
- Improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product team and business owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Design and develop services, system architecture and features/components for key company initiatives.
- Work with the product team and business owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Experience in a modern scaled software development organization.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Should have a strong base in computer science fundamentals
- 3-5 years of programming experience in languages such as Java, Python, React, Ruby on Rails, and .Net.
- 3-5 years of work experience using object-oriented design and development skills
- 3-5 years of work experience using a relational database
- 1+ years of experience working with Nosql and/or Key value stores (MongoDB or Redis or ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Cloud based solutions preferred
- Interest in any of the following technologies a plus (NodeJS, RabbitMQ/Storm, Big Data [Hadoop/Hive/Pig])
- Uses engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (i.e. Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- A track record of projects completed on time and on spec.
- Satisfaction in a job well done. S/he will have a passion for solving head-scratching challenges.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity, focuses on generating results, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- A team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- A compelling mentor and leader to a group of strong-minded and creative individuals
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.