Research Operations Manager
Operations | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you’re a video game publisher creating the next must-play title, a streamer changing the game, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we deliver research and insights that engage the fans who matter most.
Led by a world-class team of media and entertainment researchers, data scientists, fanatical gamers, MarketCast’s unique mix of custom research, data science and content analytics get into the heads of players and fans to understand how they think, feel, and behave. Covering every media and tech platform imaginable, MarketCast delivers the insights to help clients navigate today’s complicated media and gaming landscapes and form strategies to solve their critical business challenges.
About the Work:
- Working with projects at all phases of survey research logistics (from set up to launch, including coordination with internal and external partners)
- Assisting with questionnaire quality control, e.g., reviewing questionnaires for logic errors impacting programming
- Approving survey programs and ensuring data integrity
- Simultaneous project coordination in the following stages while ensuring deadlines for internal clients are met: survey questionnaire development, survey programming, data quality control:
- Proactively adding and suggesting innovative ways to improve process efficiencies
- Develop relationships with internal clients to understand and execute the goals and timelines for each project
- Mentor other team members, help support in training initiatives
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 4-7 years experience working in quantitative operations
- Able to multi-task, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and working under tight time constraints
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and able to prioritize/re-prioritize tasks within extremely fluid situations
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in a field utilizing social sciences, statistics, or equivalent work experience a plus
- Knowledge/Experience in survey design, data modeling, and analysis a plus
- Experience using Decipher research platform a plus
- Experience using a statistical package such as SPSS a plus
- MS Excel skills required with VBA macro writing experience/knowledge a plus
- Programming knowledge in a major programming language a plus
Scheduled Work Hours:
9 am to 6 pm, occasional evenings, and up to 5 hours on the weekend per week depending on workload.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more...
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small-batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science, and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline, or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions, and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we are responsible for reflecting the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions, and life experiences fuel our insights and deepen our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.