CUSTOM RESEARCH | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
Right now we are looking for a Research Manager to join our Custom Research Team in Los Angeles. MarketCast seeks individuals who demonstrate the potential to become highly skilled researchers and strategists, with a particular propensity for decoding people's underlying psychological and social motives in arriving at the truth.
- Independently manage teams and project delivery across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Translate business objectives into qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Manage the development of research instruments and thoughtful approaches to data analysis
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to gain a robust, textured understanding of consumers and how they connect to our clients' businesses
- Guide teams in translating research findings into key insights and implications for our clients
- Lead the development and presentation of reports that communicate key insights and recommendations in a clear, creative and compelling manner
- Build and manage client relationships
Ideal Candidate Will:
- 3-5 years of experience in market research, or in a brand/marketing consulting role that involves hands-on primary research
- Graduate degree in social science (e.g., psychology, anthropology), marketing or related field
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Have proven leadership skills and exceptional track record in client management
- Have at least 1 year of experience in managing complex and fast-paced projects
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: technology, media and entertainment, and Lifestyle
- Desire and willingness to work as part of a team and the skills necessary to lead teams
- Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
- Be a creative problem solver who can balance big-picture vision and tactical ideas
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and high energy
- The role can be based in NYC or LA
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
CCPA NOTICE: In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, please note that we collect some or all of the below categories of personal information from you as part of the application process and use it for the purposes indicated. Category of Personal Information: 1. Name, Contact Information (phone, email, address) Purpose: To be able to contact you 2. Information on work history and education Purpose: To be able to assess qualifications for the role 3. Race/ethnicity information (optional) Purpose: To comply with governmental reporting obligations 4. Veteran and military Status (optional) Purpose: to comply with governmental reporting obligations