Research Analyst (LA/NY)
CUSTOM RESEARCH | Los Angeles or New York | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
Right now we are looking for a Research Analyst to join our Custom Research Team in Los Angeles or NYC. This role will work with our various business lines to expand our service offerings. We seek an individual who demonstrates the potential to become a highly-skilled researcher and strategist, with a particular propensity for decoding people's underlying psychological and social motives in arriving at the truth.
- Be an idea contributor and an active voice in team brainstorming
- Help translate brand, marketing, and business objectives into qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Develop research instruments and thoughtful, clever approaches to data analysis Conduct qualitative and quantitative research; experience in quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis) highly preferred
- Gain a robust, textured understanding of who consumers are and how they connect to our clients' businesses through a variety of research methods
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights and implications for client's business
- Be a nimble thinker who can balance both big picture and tactical ideas
- Write reports that communicate key insights and strategic recommendations in a clear, creative, and compelling manner
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have 0-3 years of experience in market research, or in a brand/marketing consulting role that involves hands-on primary research; experience in quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis) highly preferred
- Graduate degree in the social sciences (e.g., psychology, anthropology), marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Have experience in one or more of the following industries: Media & Entertainment, Technology or LIfestyle industries.
- Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do.
- Have the desire and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- A track record of creative thinking and proactive problem-solving.
- Be enthusiastic and high energy.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown, and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues and teams.
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.