Qualitative UX Research Manager (LA/NY)
CUSTOM RESEARCH | Los Angeles or New York | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Qualitative UX Research Manager specializing in user experience design and optimization projects that leverage qualitative research methods.
- Manage a diverse range UX research projects for digital product development
- Experience with product innovation frameworks such as “jobs to be done"
- Translate business objectives into qualitative research plans focused on user experience design and optimization
- Develop research instruments and thoughtful approaches to qualitative research analysis
- Moderate product development and UX-focused IDIs, ethnographies and focus groups
- Translate research findings into key insights and implications for our clients
- Lead the development and presentation of reports that communicate key insights and recommendations in a clear, creative and compelling manner
- Build and manage client relationships
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in qualitative UX research within the technology industry
- Have a Graduate degree in the social sciences (e.g., psychology, anthropology), marketing or related field
- Have extensive moderating experience across the full range of qualitative methods
- Be adept at juggling multiple priorities and managing fast-paced, quick-turnaround projects
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Desire and willingness to work as part of a team and the skills necessary to lead teams
- Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
- Be a creative problem solver who can balance big-picture vision and tactical ideas
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and high energy
- The candidate can be based in NYC or LA
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.