Qualitative Field Operations Manager
Operations | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues.
We are looking for a field operations manager to lead exciting research programs!
- Monitor and manage all aspects of qualitative recruitment of sometimes niche audiences, logistics and vendor management focusing on an ongoing research program for a large tech client
- Select vendor fieldwork vendors (for multiple projects at a time) based on cost, service level, lead time, timeline, methodology
- Support field operations for domestic and international qualitative research projects, including helping to develop screeners, overseeing recruiting, managing logistics, acting as a liaison between fieldwork partners and project teams
- Liaise with fieldwork vendors to communicate objectives and collaborate in real-time to ensure optimal results
- Track billing and fieldwork expenses against project budget; liaise with accounting to ensure accurate client billing and profitability
- Assist teams with new business proposals by obtaining vendor fieldwork bids and creating cost packages
- Troubleshoot and seeking resolutions to issues with appropriate urgency
- Develop and nurture relationships with vendor fieldwork partner organizations; oversee vendor availability and performance
- Provide quality assurance assistance with survey screener reviews partnering closely with client account team to ensure strong delivery to the end client
- Support a fast-paced and quick-turn around customer research
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a qualitative research field management role for a market research firm or have significant experience on the vendor side with a deep understanding of client-side needs and operations
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with quick turnaround deliverable times
- Be familiar with all types of qualitative research that MarketCast has to offer (i.e., IDIs, ethnographies, focus groups, ideation groups, diary studies)
- Self-motivated, flexible and organized
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize task and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-directed, thriving in ambiguous environments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- UX research experience with tech industry and/or brands a major plus
- Experience in recruiting participants for regular, quick-turnaround customer research a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Suite and Outlook is required
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more..
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.