Manager, Quantitative Research
BRAND TRACKING | New York, NY | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Manager, Quantitative Research to join our Brand Tracking Team in NYC. This role will manage complex research programs, with a specific emphasis on client and project management. Specific tasks include designing and refining quantitative research instruments, providing actionable and strategic analysis of research results that contextualize performance with an understanding of the business/marketing activities happening within focus categories. The position requires a strong understanding of primary quantitative research design and basic statistics, as well as interest in marketing and strategy.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the research process from research design (questionnaire drafting and sample plans), research execution, analysis and interpretation of results, and project deliverables (presentations/reports/data deliverables)
- Liaising on a regular basis with key operations groups (programming, field, data processing, etc) and outside vendors to ensure that reliable, accurate results are delivered to the client in a timely, cost-efficient manner
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients by responding to queries and providing updates per client requests
- Coordinate and manage data entry of project details to relevant systems
- Oversee multiple teams in the delivery of projects across all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Maintains project timeline, communications, and quality control
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in market research, analytics, or at a strategic agency
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the social sciences, economics, business, marketing, or statistics, or related disciplines.
- Have strong experience with quantitative research, including survey design, sampling plans and analysis, and tracking programs (brand tracking, customer satisfaction, campaign measurement, etc)
- Have strong written and oral communication skills; you know how to translate complex data into actionable insights, and how to structure data to be accessible for different purposes/users.
- Have experience in one or more industries: media and entertainment, sports, or technology.
- Have a basic understanding of advanced analytics techniques (e.g. drivers analysis)
- Have comfort working with a basic statistics program (e.g. Survey Reporter, MarketSite, Q, SPSS, etc)
- Have proficiency in developing clear narrative and storytelling in presentation, visually, and in writing.
- Have proficiency in Google Docs or MS Office a must.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.