Manager or Sr. Manager, Sports
SPORTS & LIVE EVENTS | New York, NY | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Manager or Sr. Manager, Sports to join our Sports and Brands team in NYC. This role will focus on selling our market research expertise across the sports and live events ecosystem.
- Grow our agency through new business development, both via current clients (new projects) and by obtaining and retaining new clients. This role’s remit will be across the sports & live events ecosystem, working with either the marketing, research, ticketing, sponsorship and a plethora of other decision-makers within each individual ecosystem.
- Understand the sports and live events landscape and the business needs that drive research needs
- Strategically identify potential clients through diligent research, trend analysis, and industry networking and then work closely and collaboratively with team MarketCast to leverage existing relationships to access senior-level decision-makers
- Participate in the strategy, crafting, and presentation of MarketCast capabilities either in response to RFPs and/or as a proactive sales and marketing strategy
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of MarketCast current projects, products and services; highlight and showcase MarketCast portfolio of project work in corporate/brand projects
- Consult with corporate clients to investigate new potential MarketCast service and/or product offerings
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Come to work every day excited to play a role in building a business
- Passion. For sales, for people, and for helping MarketCast achieve our potential
- Have two+ years of experience working in a sales or account management role at a growing company
- Realize that the devil is in the details, but not lose sight of the big picture
- Have an understanding and passion for using research to solve complex problems
- A knack for the Socratic approach, questioning what is said in order to understand the root cause
- Have an exceptional track record in client management and growth
- Be a team player who understands that when we build together, we all win
- A keen interest in learning every day, particularly about business, marketing, sponsorship, and the threads that connect them
Note: While travel is not required in COVID times, typically this job requires up to 20% travel.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.