Jr. Data Analyst
REAL TIME ANALYTICS | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
We are looking for a Jr. Data Analyst to join our Real-Time Analytics teams in Indianapolis. This role will work with our operations and data teams and supporting our managers for all data tracking products which span across multiple verticals including, entertainment, technology, sports & brands.
Looking for a great Junior Data Analyst who gets excited about working with data, thrives in spreadsheets, and acts as a detective constantly validating our data while looking for discrepancies/inconsistencies. Your classmate, friend, and coworker describes you as detail-oriented and curious. You are able to work independently as well as understand the benefits of being on a team. You are proficient in Excel, including familiarity and comfort with advanced functions, and other statistical software. You have excellent writing skills, a knack for social media, and a passion for all types of entertainment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a field utilizing statistics, mathematics, or social sciences - equivalent work experience will be considered
- Experience or knowledge of report design, data modeling, and analysis, production of visuals (charts, graphs) and presentations
- Mid-level to advanced MS Excel skills required, Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite familiarity required
- Experience using data visualization & statistical packages such as Tableau & SPSS is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings to Management
- Able to multitask, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and working under tight time constraints
- Flexible and able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks within very fluid situations
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms and interest in how social media is used to inform business decisions
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown, and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.