Field Operations Manager, Qualitative Research (IN/NY/LA)
MarketCast | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues.
We are looking for a Field Operations Manager to lead an exciting new qualitative research program for a key tech client!
- Monitor and manage all aspects of qualitative recruitment of sometimes niche audiences, logistics and vendor management focusing on an ongoing research program for a large tech client
- Select fieldwork vendors (for multiple projects at a time) based on cost, service level, lead time, timeline, methodology
- Support field operations for domestic and international qualitative research projects, including helping to develop screeners, overseeing recruiting, managing logistics, acting as a liaison between fieldwork partners and project teams
- Liaise with fieldwork vendors to communicate objectives and collaborate in real-time to ensure optimal results
- Track billing and fieldwork expenses against project budget; liaise with accounting to ensure accurate client billing and profitability
- Assist teams with new business proposals by obtaining vendor fieldwork bids and creating cost packages
- Troubleshoot and seeking resolutions to issues with appropriate urgency
- Develop and nurture relationships with vendor fieldwork partner organizations; oversee vendor availability and performance
- Provide quality assurance assistance with survey screener reviews partnering closely with client account team to ensure strong delivery to the end client
- Support a fast-paced and quick-turnaround customer research
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a qualitative research field management role for a market research firm or have significant experience on the vendor side with a deep understanding of client-side needs and operations
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with quick turnaround deliverable times
- Be familiar with all types of qualitative research that MarketCast has to offer (i.e., IDIs, ethnographies, focus groups, ideation groups, diary studies)
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and organized
- Have strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize task and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-directed, thriving in ambiguous environments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Have UX research experience with the tech industry and/or brands a major plus
- Have experience in recruiting participants for regular, quick-turnaround customer research a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Suite, and Outlook is required
- The role can be based in Indianapolis, NY, or LA
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and data sciences team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. What really sets MarketCast apart from others though, is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver, research, data science, and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.