Director, Information Security
MarketCast | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Our unique mix of quantitative and qualitative research provides the scale to support the biggest marketing campaigns on the planet as well as the speed and agility to focus on solving unique client business challenges. Combined, MarketCast gives clients powerful insights to navigate today’s complicated media landscape and deliver strategies that build and retain fandom.
Best-in-class security has been a hallmark of MarketCast for decades and our customers trust us to effectively safeguard their content. Thusly, MarketCast is looking for an experienced Information Security professional to join our team in our Indianapolis office as a Director, Information Security.
This is an integral role in maintaining and evolving the overall security profile of the company and is responsible for ensuring that MarketCast’s security standards and policies appropriately incorporate cybersecurity frameworks, industry best practices, and internal requirements as well as applicable state, federal and international regulatory requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and publish up-to-date security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Oversee training and dissemination of security policies and practices.
- Evaluate potential security breaches, coordinate responses, and recommend corrective actions.
- Define and report on information security metrics.
- Ensure data quality, accuracy, and certifications such as ISO-27001 and SOC2.
- Advice on privacy and data protection for business practices, including but not limited to, ongoing operations, new processes, research practices, and third-party relationships.
- Provide strategic risk guidance for IT, including evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Drive collaboration among cross-functional teams to develop and implement privacy controls appropriate to the business processes.
- Review contract clauses which contain information, data, and physical security requirements.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor security protocols for the protection of confidential customer data and assets, including but not limited to, video, photographic, and text-based content.
- Advice on best practices, applicable laws (CCPA, GDPR…), and contractual obligations related to the storage and use of proprietary or licensed datasets containing PII.
- Identify, evaluate, communicate, and lead response to existing and emerging privacy and data protection laws, regulations, rulings, and best practices.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience, with degree preferred in Computer Science or Information Technology systems security or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a security-related leadership, industry analyst, or consulting role.
- Self-starting, action-oriented, results-driven personality.
- CISA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CIPP, or other relevant professional certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of Privacy regulations and industry standards (GDPR, CCPA, ISO).
- Technical fluency and ability to understand and discuss technology concepts; Experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Familiarity with implementing technical controls that may be required to meet privacy requirements.
- Ability to analyze situations and develop creative solutions to balance business needs with risks.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced, innovative, and growing company
- Knowledge of audit standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. Today, we count some of the biggest names in entertainment as clients, including leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands and sports leagues and teams.
What really sets MarketCast apart from others is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service. Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver research and insights that are accessible, informative and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.