MarketCast | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you’re a video game publisher creating the next must-play title, a streamer changing the game, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we deliver research and insights that engage the fans who matter most.
Led by a world-class team of media and entertainment researchers, data scientists and fanatical gamers, MarketCast’s unique mix of custom research, data science and content analytics gets into the heads of players and fans to understand how they think, feel and behave. Covering every media and tech platform imaginable, MarketCast delivers the insights to help clients navigate today’s complicated media and gaming landscapes and form strategies to solve their critical business challenges.
We are looking for a Director, FP&A to join our Financial Team in Los Angeles.
This position reports directly to the CFO and serves as a key business partner to execute key strategic and operational growth initiatives. Focusing on strategy & analysis in order to evaluate business performance and partnering closely with our senior leadership team to make critical business decisions across the company.
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis in high growth business
- Conduct analysis of key business/financial drivers, performance indicators, internal development efforts, industry trends, competitive landscape and other defined assumptions to provide value-added inputs to help decision making in executing strategy
- Develop and maintain long-term company financial model, perform sensitivity analysis, build scenario cases for strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, capital allocation, and cash management; including:
- Analyzing content pro-forma scenarios, valuation analyses and overall investment strategies, each supported by data metrics and milestones
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to operational strategic goals, identification of opportunities and mitigate risks and collaborate with senior management to set KPIs
- Efficiently work with cross-functional teams to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Develop and oversee monthly financial and operational reporting deck for the board and senior management
- Be an integral part of the Finance team and help structure/improve Finance processes
- Create process or system in order to compile data from various sources & developing complete post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
- Lead projects to completion or work cross-functionally with other groups globally including but not limited to Product/Technology, Marketing, Business development & Intelligence, operation/production, etc
- Assist in providing insightful analyses, reports and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- 6+ years of experience in business development, management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, and/or media/entertainment/tech company
- Prior experience in Digital Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Understanding of digital platforms and content strategy in the digital space is a plus
- High proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint with excellent modeling skill
- Highly analytical and strong, effective communicator
- Critical thinking & demonstrated experience in problem solving, making decisions influenced by business insights and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data utilizing financial modeling
- Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
- Think outside the box & challenge status quo when required by highlighting new trends, improving existing processes or are open to sourcing those ideas from others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business
- Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
- Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- Possess a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and difficult decisions
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.