Director, Custom Research - Brands and Lifestyle
CUSTOM RESEARCH | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
At Marketcast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you’re a gaming company creating your next must-play game, a studio developing the next blockbuster, a streamer changing the game, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we deliver data-driven research and insights to move the needle.
As a truly full-service agency – research, insights, tracking, social, data science and more – we are perfectly positioned to solve unique (and fascinating) business challenges. We’re looking for passionate, curious, hungry people to join the team and help change the world – one research question at a time.
We’re looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about lifestyle brands – from beverages to breakfast cereal; hotels to holiday destinations; wellness to well, everything in between.
- Someone who is excellent at managing custom insights projects from start to end.
- Folks who can see data and tell a story; who know how to find actionable insights and know how to move beyond a basic reportage approach.
- Someone who can lead and mentor a team on every stage of the research process – who is both generous as a leader and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and jump in.
- Someone with experience in pushing every aspect of the work to get the very best out of the process – leaving no stone unturned and no insights story untold.
- Practitioners who love the work, and also want to build client relationships.
- Team players – we are stronger together – we like to work in groups.
- Creative thinkers – if you come bursting with ideas, you can see patterns in data, and you know how to bring that out in others, we’re excited to talk!
- Curious minds, especially when it comes to people and what makes them tick.
- Strategic brains – we're problem solvers – harnessing the core question, bringing to life the research narrative, having an eye on the detail, and understanding the big picture are all musts.
- Strong communicators – written and verbal. Being able to find the right words to articulate the question, the story, and everything in between perfectly, is a really big deal for us.
- Someone with custom research experience in Lifestyle Brands – we work with some of the biggest names in the category.
It’ll be helpful if you have:
- At least 7yrs experience in custom / ad hoc research – we dig templated projects, love tracking, but in this group, we're all about the unique business questions, so custom experience is key.
- At least a Batchelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Marketing, Statistics or related fields. Masters and Ph.D.s are great too!
- A pretty good handle on Microsoft Office. We use it a lot.
- A desire to live in LA or New York – that's where we’ll be back to, when we can.
Qual or Quant?
If you are a Qual practitioner, we’d expect you to have mastered and be great in all aspects of Qual project design, moderating and analysis. We're looking for masters of the methodology, able to bring to life the insights through talking to people.
For Quant practitioners, we’re looking for folks who excel in all areas of quant practice from survey design to data analysis, able to tell the story with actionable outcomes. (Also, if you know how to do a segmentation or a conjoint, we’re going to be super pumped).
Are you a true hybrid? Awesome – don't be shy, tell us all about focus groups and survey design.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.