Director, Business Development Data Science Services
DATA SCIENCE | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Who We Are:
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues
- Business development and strategic partnerships
- Identifying and qualifying new business opportunities.
- Strategic account development and in particular working to continually deepen and expand key accounts.
- Present, effectively communicate data science services and offerings.
- Become a “product champion” of Marketcast analysis tool sets
- Complex deal negotiation, and partner relationship management
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in business, statistics, mathematics, marketing analytics, economics or other quantitative or science fields preferred
- Advanced degree or equivalent in business, statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied science preferred
- Minimum 3 years business development experience with data science, analytics or similar services.
- Experience with data science applications in TV or digital media or both a strong plus
- Experience with granular TV data, data driven TV applications and services a strong plus
- Experience using BI tools (Tableau, Looker, equivalent)
- Work history delivering data science, analytics or other similar offerings
- Experience with SqL, Python desirable
- Experience in statistical analysis and model development
- Successful track record supporting client relationships through effective partnership with internal and external client teams
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- Movie tickets for opening weekends
As entertainment converges, silos breakdown, and consumption habits shift, only MarketCast provides clients a holistic view of fandom, helping them ride the waves of disruption and engage the audiences that matter most. We have built a world-class research and analytics team that can address the needs of today’s ever-changing media landscape. What really sets MarketCast apart from others though, is our amazing people and our focus on providing great client service.
Together, we are:
- Big enough to support the largest brands and campaigns on the planet.
- Agile enough to tackle the unique client challenges with high-touch service.
- Highly focused on media and entertainment, and the brands that intersect them.
- And, we deliver, research, data science and insights that are accessible, informative, and actionable.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.