Decipher Survey Programmer
Operations | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues.
We seek an experienced Decipher Survey Programmer to join our growing team. The Decipher Programmer is responsible for programming market research questionnaires with high quality and accuracy. The programmer will contribute to improving overall department efficiency by maintaining and creating new best practices which may require ability and willingness to quickly learn new software packages. This individual will work closely with researchers, project managers, field operations, and data processing teams.
- The position will work closely with research operations team and key day-to-day activities include: programming, quality assurance, data manipulation, and project communication/coordination.
- Program easy-high complexity surveys utilizing the Decipher platform.
- Organize and set up projects to be programmed according to specifications and timelines.
- Communicate with project managers to finalize survey materials (questionnaire, quota targets, visuals, change logs); provide guidance on Decipher functionality and solutions.
- Provide custom project-specific data outputs as required by researchers using Excel, SPSS or Decipher via custom layouts.
- Develop, test and implement new approaches and functions, both project-specific and general, improving and streamlining existing procedures.
- Assist with process automation and improvement by developing reusable and common tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency required
- At least 2 years of Decipher experience in a similar role.
- Experience programming complex quotas using getQuotaCells is a plus.
- Experience programming trackers and international surveys is a plus.
- Experience using Decipher Shell/SSH Environment is a plus
- Experience with Logic Nodes/Dynamic Question Library/Decipher API is a plus
- Market research experience (preferably experience with entertainment or multimedia surveys)
- Have high attention to detail and high quality programming.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and integrity of information
- Organized, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Ingenuity and the willingness to learn new techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills, including an ability to “think outside the box”
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – both verbal and written
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some nights and weekends.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more..
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.