Data Operations Specialist
Operations | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At Marketcast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you’re a gaming company creating your next must-play game, a studio developing the next blockbuster, a streamer changing the game, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we deliver data-driven research and insights to move the needle.
We are looking for a full-time Data Operations Specialist to join our Data Operations team in Indianapolis/Los Angeles that oversee quantitative data processing deliverables. This role will work on accounts that include the largest film and TV studios, broadcast and cable networks, OTT platforms, major sports leagues and interactive gaming companies in the world to develop their content and marketing campaigns using data-driven insights. We turn data into strategy.
Working as an integrated part of the Data Operations team, the successful candidate will provide tactical support to senior staff for their research needs, including, but not limited to the following:
- Administer data processing from initial requests through execution and QA to delivery, including re-coding and weighting data-sets, running cross-tabs and creating charts
- Manage and prioritize incoming requests; independently execute multiple data processing requests simultaneously
- Apply critical thinking to quickly identify and resolve data issues; clearly and diplomatically communicate project status with the Client Services team
- Work closely with Field, Research, and Survey operations as a part of a cross-functional team that manages research projects from questionnaire development to client deliverables production
- Assist in quantitative analysis and ad-hoc projects of various types for internal and external use
The experience needed for success in this role:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a quantitative data operations role (e.g. cross-tab preparation, cross-tab quality control checks)
- Knowledge/Experience using statistical and/or data visualization packages such as SPSS, SAS, Q Professional, Tableau, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a field utilizing statistics or social sciences, or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills with a diplomatic approach
- Able to multi-task, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and working under tight time constraints; flexible and able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks within very fluid situations
- Detail orientated, with a strong focus on quality control checks for deliverables and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Support a fast-paced and quick-turnaround customer research environment
- Availability for periodic weekend shifts
A "Nice to Have" skills for this role:
- Experience with advanced analytics like correlation, factor or cluster analysis, perceptual mapping.
- Data modeling and analysis, production of visuals (charts, graphs) and presentations
- VBA macro writing experience/knowledge a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.