Analyst, Custom Research
CUSTOM RESEARCH | Los Angeles or New York | Full Time
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and quantitative market research with advanced data science and analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports leagues.
- First and foremost, someone who will hit the ground running. Someone excited by the idea of learning on the job – absorbing and growing in real-time.
- People open to Qual and / Quant – at this stage we’re easy and would prefer to help you find your perfect happy methodological place.
- Someone eager to jump in on every stage of the research/insights process – from soup to nuts!
- A strong eye for detail – sweating the small stuff is as important as the big stuff.
- Team players – we are stronger together and we work in groups.
- Creative thinkers – if you come bursting with ideas and can see patterns in data, we’re excited.
- Curious minds, especially when it comes to people and what makes them tick.
- Strong communicators – written and verbal. Being able to find the right words to articulate the question, the story, and everything in between well is a big deal for us.
- Someone interested in either the Entertainment landscape, the Tech world, or the universe of Lifestyle Brands – we work with some of the biggest names in each category.
Ideal Candidate Will:
- At least 1-2yrs previous experience in research – commercially or academically – even if it’s a short stint, we’d love to hear about what you’ve already nailed.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Marketing, Statistics, or related fields. More than a Bachelor’s degree is great too!
- A pretty good handle on Microsoft Office. We use it a lot.
- Enviable PowerPoint / Slides skills – we tell visual stories (backed up by data)
- A desire to live in LA or New York – that's where we’ll be back to when we can.
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more..
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small-batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science, and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment. It’s an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and consistently delivering.
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative decisions, and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It’s not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can’t play well with the team. We honor great work by looking at what is accomplished and how we work together to achieve results. This ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions, and life experiences fuel our insights and deepen our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.