Special Assistant, Social Media Enhancement
Special Assistants | Triangle, VA | Part Time
Under the direction of the History Division (HD) Archivists, the Assistant will increase overall awareness of History Division and their archives collection for the public.
Position is limited to 29 hours per week with a term not to exceed three years.
- Generate for approval and share engaging content regularly (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Highlight archives collections through HD’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube
- Draft responses to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Perform basic image capture, enhancement, file organization tasks and create technical/administrative metadata.
- Assist with reviewing and developing the HD web presence as a source and reference for social media content.
- Other duties as needed including clerical and maintenance duties
- Basic knowledge of American and USMC history
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G-suite applications
- Experience with social media platforms for business
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard. The employee frequently is required to be in one position for long periods of screen use, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear both in person and over devices. The employee interacts in close spaces and frequently with other workers, vendors, and guests. May be in situations which require conflict resolution. The position works in a museum environment with artificial light and air.
The Marine Corps Heritage Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.