Process Control Engineer
Engineering | Neenah, WI | Full Time
We are seeking a Process Control Engineer.
Multiple locations including Ohio, Michigan, New York, North Carolina and Louisiana
Process Control Engineer will provide process control support by leading the development of process control installations; provide support for maintenance activities relating to the process control systems, and support Operations on existing control systems through tuning support and applying improved control. Formula for Success: You Will…
- Troubleshoot controls problems through tuning and implementation of basic or advanced control strategies.
- Participate on project teams as the lead process control engineer and provide technical support in developing new control strategies and developing technical specifications for new advanced process control installations.
- Own daily responsibilities include control system programming, including base logic, graphics, and batch programming.
- Lead life-cycle strategy/planning efforts for site control systems
- Lead training efforts for site automation
- Work closely with Operations to execute programming modifications to de-bottleneck equipment and improve plant performance and reliability.
- Lead annual functional certification of site automated interlock checkout.
- Utilize technical background and troubleshooting techniques to improve processes and product quality.
- Ensure plant changes or modifications are captured and documented as part of the "Management of Change". Provide Technical support for risk assessments on Management of Changes.
- Fulfill the expectation of providing solutions to on-call problems.
- Serve as Officer of Automation Security.
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline, (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred, with 5+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience with PLC programing, controls systems, automation, and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across departments on and off site, to accomplish common goals.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems in the different manufacturing areas.
- Current experience in chemical plant operation.
- Knowledge of chemical unit and material handling operations.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC systems, ASPEN, Rockwell Automation,