Treasury Director, Real Estate
Tax & Finance | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Marcus & Millichap Company (“MMC”) is a real estate leader and pioneer with a diverse family of companies offering Premier Real Estate Services, Real Estate Investments and Real Estate Developments. Each MMC company is a distinct fusion of real estate specialization and innovation powered by a culture of loyalty that permeates throughout the Marcus & Millichap organization. To find out more about the Company, please visit www.mmcrealestate.com.
Job Description: We are seeking a Treasury Director to join the Finance team in Palo Alto, California. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will oversee MMC’s financial reporting, planning and cash management while minimizing risks to the Company. An ideal candidate must have previous experience in corporate financial management for a real estate firm. Furthermore, the Treasury Director will be involved in reviewing and analyzing MMC and its family of companies’ performance, as well as maintaining positive relationships with banks and capital providers. The Treasury Director will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Accounting to ensure appropriate financial systems have been established and are consistently followed.
- Manage MMC’s daily cash positions, securities, and financial assets.
- Ensure sufficient cash liquidity is available to cover operational and capital investment needs.
- Assist in the development of MMC’s annual budget and create long-term projections based on MMC and its family of companies’ capital investment needs.
- Maintain an efficient system of policies that adequately control treasury activities.
- Work with MMC’s Financial Management team to negotiate and structure debt and equity agreements.
- Monitor and analyze financial accounting data.
- Create financial reports based on data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in corporate financial management for a real estate firm required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards.
- Proven working knowledge of private debt and equity capital markets.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Proficient with financial software systems.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.