UX Design | Hyderabad, India | Full Time
Open Position: UX/UI Manager
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions use Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server, AI and Cognitive Services including Azure Machine Learning, the latest cloud computing trends including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android.
The company has been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past twenty-one years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics, Application Development, and Data Platform. In addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services.
MAQ Software was honored for nine times as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. magazine. Less than 1% of Inc. 5000 companies demonstrate sustained growth by appearing nine or more times.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. Our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have considerable experience growing the company and mentoring software engineers. We strive to adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest engineering practices. Our engineers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery. Examples of some of our projects:
- A client wanted to improve the return on investment (ROI) of marketing spend by identifying target customers more effectively. We created an unsupervised machine learning model to analyze customer behavior. The model combined diverse data points such as customer demographics, browsing history, purchase patterns, and marketing channels. Using the model, we identified a customer’s next logical purchase and the affinity to buy a particular product. Based on this information, our client honed its target marketing campaigns and advertisements to improve sales.
- One of our clients conducts multiple promotional events with product overview sessions. We worked with the client to analyze the effectiveness of these events. We measured the attendee perception by comparing pre-event and post-event surveys. We then combined survey data with sentiment data from attendees’ Facebook posts and tweets. We created a supervised learning model from the data along with attendee demographics, session attendance, and increase in product sales after the event. The model helped the client
measure the marketing event’s impact on sales, the effectiveness of the sessions, and the overall change in perception caused by the event. We later applied text analytics techniques to attendee feedback and helped identify the core problem areas faced by attendees.
- Another client had a SQL Server, an HTML5 based Business Intelligence system with 150+ reports, 50,000 users, and more than 100 TB of data hosted on-premise. The client wanted to transition the entire solution to the cloud to manage it better. We created the cloud transition strategy for the client and moved the infrastructure to Microsoft Azure cloud services. As part of the effort, we also migrated 150+ reports from HTML5 to Microsoft Power BI. As a result, we helped the client improve management and operations. The cloud
migration also improved the agility of the entire sales and marketing organization by providing faster insights into their customers and marketing campaigns.
- Develop & guide the team on the user experience roadmaps for clients- both external & internal stakeholders through applications, bots, websites, dashboards etc.
- Develop effective and well-branded user experience by focusing on data visualization techniques
- Ensure to drive innovation across User-Centered Design practice.
- Prepare strategic decisions based on project priority
- Review the current status, identify areas of improvement for the UX function, and constantly strive to improve the outcomes of the UX function
- Identify projects for partnership along with department leaders and varied key partners to design end-to-end chain of services, systems and human interactions.
- Healthy collaboration with the top management to understand the gaps in the deliverables expected
- Manage teams of user experience designers, graphic designers and researchers (team size: 10)
- Plan and allocate work items, track their progress, and ensure timely delivery of design requests
- Send daily, weekly, and monthly progress updates for the UX function
- Review the daily, weekly, and monthly updates, identify deviations from plan, and put in place processes to avoid future deviations from plan for similar scenarios
- Facilitate cross-location collaboration of UX team members and ensure that the processes are standardized across locations, and best practices developed at each location are implemented in other locations subject to applicability in the context
- Handle conflicting priorities for work items, discuss with stakeholders, re-work the priorities for the team members to meet business needs in a timely manner with the available team capacity
- Conceptualize and drive the development of templates, checklists, and guidelines to speed up delivery of work items
- Recommend best approaches for implementation of user experience.
- Identify improvement areas plus prospective competitive advantage for advanced research as well as exploration.
- Identify and manage required budgets for user experience.
- Mentor a team of budding experience designers
- Identify learning plan for individual team members, track their learning progress and ensure that team members complete their learning plans in a timely manner
- Manage performance evaluations, and conduct performance evaluation discussions with team members
- Conduct monthly one-on-one discussions with team members to provide regular feedback, discuss areas of improvement, review progress against goals/ individual development plans, and help team members grow.
- Identify, plan, and facilitate career growth for team members
- Has relevant data visualization experience
- Has previously handled Microsoft clients/projects
- Knows how to handle a team in his prior work experience
- Has experience in conducting performance evaluations, and performance appraisal discussions for team members
- Has experience in conducting one-on-one meetings for team members
- 60% throughout the academics with B.Des/M.Des academic background
- 5 – 7 yrs. of UX experience with a software services company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t
- Great working knowledge of usability principles, best practices, and techniques
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with UX/UI design
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop and Illustrator and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Self-managed with high degree of ownership, accountability and work ethics and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Location: Mumbai/Hyderabad Interview Preparation:
- Review Gartner’s two modes of IT (Fast IT versus Slow IT)
- Review Founder’s Mentality by Bain and Company
- Review What I Did Not Learn in B – School and What I Did Not Learn at IIT by Rajeev Agarwal, Founder and Managing Consultant. These books will help you learn about our company culture. The books are available from your campus student coordinator
- Showcase your interest and aptitude in technology services industry