Open Position: Systems Engineer
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions use
Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server, AI and Cognitive Services
including Azure Machine Learning, the latest cloud computing trends including Amazon Web
Services, Microsoft Azure and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android.
The company has been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past sixteen years. We are
a Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics, Application Development, and Data Platform. In
addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services.
Recently, MAQ Software was honored for the 9th time as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private
Companies by Inc. magazine. Less than 1% of Inc. 5000 companies demonstrate sustained growth by
appearing nine or more times.
We foster entrepreneurial culture with a can do attitude. All of our key managers share IIT or IIM
type of excellence in our backgrounds with significant experience in developing and growing the
company for many years. The company managers enjoy working with the latest technology and
computing trends ahead of the larger industry players.
Starting with the top managers, we are actively involved in the building the business on daily basis.
Our managers wear multiple hats from conducting recruitment drives at engineering campuses,
training new graduates and working with customers to understand their requirements. We follow
lean and agile software development techniques to deliver software solutions in half the time as
compared to larger players. We focus on excellence in everything we do and details matter to us.
We offer above average compensation in return for above average commitment to quality work and
dedication to our customers.
We are looking for highly motivated Systems Engineers. The position requires strong
technical and communication skills. As a Systems Engineer you will be working on
latest Microsoft products/technologies like Windows 10 , Windows Server 2016, Office
2016, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server 2016 etc.
• Deploying, automating, maintaining AWS / Azure based cloud services
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
• Develop and maintain custom SharePoint Online pages
• Perform SharePoint Online administrative functions
• Develop and maintain PowerShell scripts for regular task automation
• Monitor systems, network, and functions
• Support hundreds of production Windows machines in a 24X7 shift model
• Maintain machines and other office equipment
• Manage Hardware inventory
• Manage Local Area Network
• Identify and document common recovery procedures for service impacting incidents
• Establish and follow a ROB (Rhythm of Business) to ensure that all break/fix issues are
resolved in a timely manner or escalated to the appropriate group
• Develop, communicate and drive Service Improvement Plans to maintain an
environment of continuous improvement with a focus on rapid growth, world -class
quality, and cost efficacy
• Drive operational aspects of incident management, ensuring SLAs for time, quality,
and customer satisfaction are met for our global infrastructure
• Manage customer interaction with utmost professionalism, courtesy, and
• Responsible for monitoring, data collection and configurati on management, as well as
disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives
and platform automation
B.E./ B. Tech. in Computer Science /Information Technology or MCA from reputed
university with minimum 60% aggregate throughout their education
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written English)
• Ability to work in shifts
• High-level technical troubleshooting ability
• Customer orientation
• Ability to multitask and work 6 days a week (54 hours per week at a minimum)
• Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills
• Basic knowledge about Azure and AWS services