Senior Software Engineer
Software | Hyderabad, India | Full Time
Open Position: Senior Software Engineer
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions use AI, Cognitive Services including Azure Machine Learning, the latest cloud computing trends including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server, Power BI, and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android.
The company has been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past twenty years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics, Data Platform, Cloud Platform, Application Development, Application Integration, DevOps, Project and Portfolio Management, Collaboration and Content, Datacenter, and Security. In addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services.
MAQ Software was honored for the 9th time as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. magazine. Less than 1% of Inc. 5000 companies demonstrate sustained growth by appearing nine or more times.
As part of our fast-paced team, you will help deliver over 100 software solutions every year in an agile and fast-paced manner. As a part of the software development organization, you will get a great exposure to multiple projects using the latest technologies. The company employs over 700 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, WA, and India (Hyderabad and Mumbai).
As a key member of a dynamic and fast-moving team, you will take part in sprint planning, product definition, and software implementation. This role provides a unique opportunity to be involved with every aspect of a software development project throughout its development life cycle. Our developers gather requirements, design code, test, engage in task management, and deliver end-to-end solutions to customers. This role includes all the technical challenges associated with ensuring project delivery on fast-paced projects.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. All of our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have significant experience growing a company and mentoring software engineers. Due to our smaller size, we adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest software engineering practices and fast development cycles.
Our developers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery.
Examples of some of our projects:
- We worked on a Machine Learning solution for retail stores and helped them to increase their sales. We have worked with our client to gather their sales data, promotion, and discount data for model engineering. We also used weather data from the US government to develop historical weather model. Our team created a hybrid ML model that predicts future sales far more accurately than the existing ML model used by customer. We used Fourier transforms to decompose sales, analyze trends, and remove noise from the sales time series. Then we applied logarithmic, exponential, and S-curve transformations to features which helped us to develop hybrid regression models and predict upcoming future sales. Our Sales Forecasting Engine, built on Microsoft Azure Databricks, allowed our client to align their business objectives with predicted sales.
- For another client, we developed a Business Intelligence solution to pull high volume data (more than 150 million rows) from source tables to a staging environment efficiently. We developed visually rich reports that allow business users to analyze the data from a different perspective and do what-if analysis based on business needs. We developed data orchestration pipelines to pull a high volume of data in 30 minutes and developed reports using Power BI with optimal page performance.
- One of our clients has recently made huge investments in marketing and sales using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The client wants to see which of these social networks are producing positive outcomes and providing key opportunities. The data is the entire universe of social data, and reports need to mine through each entry to identify strengths and weaknesses. The consolidated, cleaned and transformed data needs to be presented using interactive Power BI visualization.
Responsible for Application development using C#, SQL Azure, Azure Data Platform, Machine Learning, Power BI, and ASP.NET (~50%)
- Accountable for feature development
- Participate in regular requirement discussion calls with Redmond team and customers
- Understand business needs to develop software requirements
- Estimate, plan, prioritize, and track deliverables in a sprint
- Design and develop software architecture that is reliable, scalable, secure, and high performant
- Identify design alternatives and conduct technical feasibility analysis
- Develop proof of concept for technical evaluation and early customer feedback
- Develop algorithms to convert functional specifications into software design
- Develop, maintain, and enhance ADF pipelines, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Databricks, and various forms of BI content including reports, dashboards, and analytical models
- Develop and maintain the machine learning models using Python
- Develop various rich content report using Power BI
- Write frontend and backend code as per the approach document
- Unit test application features and data
- Demo the functionalities to customers
Reviews, Validation, and Improvisation (~30%)
- Ensure quality of code as per standards, quality tools, and best practices
- Leverage and integrate code into CI/CD pipeline to enable orchestration of builds, testing, and deployments
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot solutions.
- Test solutions end to end and leverage automation to eliminate manual validation
- Participate in peer code reviews and external reviews for UI/UX, architecture, code, test, etc.
- Come up with optimization techniques to reduce the Page load time and data refresh timing
- Come up with different ideas which can be used across the projects to improve the efficiency and implement the same
Training and certifications (~20%)
- Attend weekly technical training sessions like study groups, weekly talk, etc.
- Be a subject matter expert for one technology
- Complete in-house courses and clear relevant industry-recognized certifications in Data Platform, Data Analytics, and Cloud Platform
- Complete trainings using online platform like Coursera and edX
- Learn technologies required for project delivery like Angular JS, TypeScript, PowerShell, test frameworks, Python, R scripts, Azure Data Platform etc.
Desired Education & Experience:
- Eligible Education backgrounds - B. Tech./B.E. (CS/IT), M. Tech. (CS/IT), BCA + MCA/B.Sc. (IT)
+ MCA/B.Sc. (CS) + MCA with a minimum of 60% across academic years
- 4 to 6 years of software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, ETL, and DAX is important
Why consider MAQ Software?
- Work on complex projects for Microsoft Corporation and other US companies on the latest software platform (Azure DevOps, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse Analytics, Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake Storage, SharePoint Online, AI, Power BI, Power Platform, Dynamics 365, and HTML5/ CSS3, etc.)
- Deliver 4 - 6 projects in a typical year to gain great experience and a develop a strong resume
- Follow latest software engineering techniques including Agile and Lean development techniques which empowers you to contribute to your fullest potential
- Highly rated training program – Our intense training program prepares you to join live projects as early as possible after joining the company
- Growth Mindset – Work in an environment that fosters growth mindset and excellence through competent peers, client interaction, learning culture, and quality delivery
Location: Mumbai, Hyderabad