Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering | Noida | Full Time
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions use Microsoft Azure and advanced analytics using Azure Synapse, and Power BI.
For the past 22 years, the company has been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation. We are also one of the top Microsoft Managed partners worldwide. Based on our demonstrated expertise, we have attained Microsoft Advanced Specializations on Analytics, Cloud Security, Data Warehouse Migration to Microsoft Azure, and Modernization of Web Applications.
For delivering innovative business intelligence (BI) and analytics solutions using Power BI, MAQ Software won the global Microsoft Power BI Partner of the Year 2021 Award.
As part of our fast-paced team, you will help deliver over two hundred software solutions every year in an agile and fast-paced manner. As a part of the software development organization, you will get great exposure to multiple projects using the latest technologies. The company employs over a thousand engineers in four engineering centers located in Redmond, WA, and India (Noida, Hyderabad, and Mumbai).
As a key member of a dynamic team, you will take part in sprint planning, product definition, and
software implementation. This role provides a unique opportunity to be involved with every aspect of a software development project throughout its development life cycle. Our developers gather requirements, design code, test, engage in task management, and deliver end-to-end solutions to customers. This role includes all the technical challenges associated with ensuring project delivery on fast-paced projects.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. All of our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have significant experience growing a company and mentoring software engineers. Due to our smaller size, we adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest software engineering practices and fast development cycles.
Our developers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery.
Examples of some of our projects:
- One of the largest food and beverage companies in the world faced challenges due to unreliable data that did not give executives a real view of their customers’ points of sale. This resulted from having disparate systems that generated siloed, static, and conflicting reports. In addition, reporting performance was low, and dashboards were not intuitive. We addressed these challenges by migrating multiple Business Intelligence platforms into Power BI, which reduced critical decision- making from weeks to days, brought savings in licensing and infrastructure, and led to skyrocketing Power BI adoption. This was accomplished through a well-crafted plan that included a Power BI migration and optimization, process automation through Power Automate, and a pilot to integrate Azure Synapse to infuse AI-driven insights into inventory, delivery routes, and sales forecasts. A key contributor to user adoption was our approach to implement Centers of Excellence to train hundreds of team members around the world in Power BI capabilities, governance, and best practices and remove noise from the sales time series. Then we applied logarithmic, exponential, and S- curve transformations to features which helped us to develop hybrid regression models and predict upcoming future sales. Our Sales Forecasting Engine, built on Microsoft Azure Databricks, allowed our clients to align their business objectives with predicted sales.
- For another client, we developed a Business Intelligence solution to pull high volume data (more than 150 million rows) from source tables to a staging environment efficiently. We developed visually rich reports that allow business users to analyze the data from a different perspective and do what-if analysis based on business needs. We developed ETL packages to pull a high volume of data in 30 minutes and developed reports using HTML5-based controls with optimal page performance.
- We worked on a Machine Learning solution for retail stores and helped them to increase their sales. We have worked with our client to gather their sales data, promotion, and discount data for model engineering. We also used weather data from the US government to develop historical weather model. Our team created a hybrid ML model that predicts future sales far more accurately than the existing ML model used by customers. We used Fourier transforms to decompose sales, analyze trends, and remove noise from the sales time series. Then we applied logarithmic, exponential, and S- curve transformations to features which helped us to develop hybrid regression models and predict upcoming future sales. Our Sales Forecasting Engine, built on Microsoft Azure Databricks, allowed our clients to align their business objectives with predicted sales.
Gather Software requirements (~20%)
- Participate in regular conference calls with onsite and customer team.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders to confirm the scope of requirements.
- Understand business needs to develop software requirements.
- Elicit requirements from onsite team and customer team.
- Develop iterative prototypes based on requirements.
Application development and Business Intelligence using Power BI, Azure SQL, Azure services, ASP.NET, C#, React, Python, and PySpark (~40%)
- Accountable for feature development, data analysis and model development.
- Estimate, plan, prioritize, and track deliverables in a sprint for new requirements and change requests.
- Design and develop software/ data pipeline architecture that is reliable, scalable, secure, and highly performant.
- Establish analytics tools that enable data analysis in building and optimizing models that support business goals.
- Undertake data collection, pre-processing, and analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Identify design alternatives and conduct technical feasibility analysis.
- Develop proof of concept for technical evaluation and early customer feedback.
- Develop algorithms to convert functional specifications into software design.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance ADF pipelines, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Databricks, and various forms of BI content including reports, dashboards, and analytical models.
- Generate reporting solutions to integrate the model results and make business recommendations through effective presentations.
- Write frontend and backend code as per the approach document.
- Unit test application features and data.
- Demo the functionalities to customers.
Reviews, Validation, and Improvisations (~20%)
- Ensure the quality of code is as per the standards and best practices.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance.
- Leverage and integrate code into CI/CD pipeline to enable orchestration of builds, testing, and deployments.
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot solutions.
- Test solutions end to end and leverage automation to eliminate manual validation.
- Participate in peer code reviews and external reviews for UI/UX, architecture, code, test, etc.
- Come up with optimization techniques to reduce the page load time and data refresh time.
- Come up with ideas that can be used across projects to improve efficiency and implement the same.
Training and certifications (~20%)
- Participate in technical training and clear relevant certifications in Data Platform, Data Analytics, and Cloud Platform.
- Training using online platforms like Coursera and edX.
Candidate Profile Eligible Branches:
- B. Tech./B.E. (CSE/IT)
- M. Tech. (CS/IT)
- BCA + MCA/B.Sc. (IT) + MCA/B.Sc. (CS) + MCA
- 60% plus or equivalent in Computer Science/Information Technology/MCA
- 4 to 6 years of software development experience
Why consider MAQ Software?
- Work on complex projects for Fortune 500 companies on the latest software platform (Visual Studio 2022, Azure SQL, Cloud services, Business Intelligence, and HTML5/CSS3)
- Deliver 4 - 6 projects in a typical year to gain great experience and develop a strong resume.
- Follow the latest software engineering techniques including Agile and Lean development techniques which empowers you to contribute to your fullest potential.
- Highly rated training program – Our intense training program prepares you to join live projects as early as possible after joining the company.
Ideas for Candidates Interested in Preparing for Interview:
- Review Founder’s Mentality by Bain and Company. https://www.bain.com/founders-mentality.aspx
- Review What I Did Not Learn in B – School and What I Did Not Learn at IIT books by Rajeev Agarwal, Founder and Managing Consultant to learn about the company culture.
- Showcase your interest and aptitude in the technology services industry.