Senior Software Engineer
Software | Mumbai, Hyderabad | Full Time
Senior Software Engineer
MAQ Software delivers innovative software applications for Fortune 500 companies to increase their productivity. Our solutions use Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server 2014, the latest cloud computing trends including Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android. Leading business magazine Inc. has listed us as one of the fastest growing companies for seven years (a rare honor).
As part of our fast-paced team, you will help deliver over 100 software solutions every year in an agile and fast-paced manner. As a part of the project-based consulting organization, you will get exposure to multiple projects using the latest technologies. The company employs over 500 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, WA, and India (Hyderabad and Mumbai). As a key member of a dynamic and fast-moving team, you will take part in sprint planning, product definition, and software implementation.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. All of our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have significant experience growing a company and mentoring software engineers. Due to our smaller size, we adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest software engineering practices and fast development cycles.
Our developers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery.
Examples of some of our projects:
- One of our clients has recently made huge investments in marketing and sales using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The client wants to see which of these social networks are producing positive outcomes and providing key opportunities. The data is the entire universe of social data, and reports need to mine through each entry to identify strengths and weaknesses. The consolidated, cleaned and transformed data needs to be presented using an HTML5 platform that can be accessed using both portable and fixed devices.
- Display web site traffic data for ten million users per day. To display the web traffic pattern, you need to evaluate front end technology alternatives (native HTML5 controls or Power BI and so on). Some of your considerations will be development and testing effort, browser compatibility, rendering speed, database connectivity, and load time. You have to come up with the optimal approach and implement it within three weeks. Some of the tools used are Visual Studio and SQL Server 2014.
- For another client, we developed a Business Intelligence solution to pull high volume data (more than 150 million rows) from source tables to a staging environment efficiently. We developed visually rich reports that allow business users to analyze the data from a different perspective and do what-if analysis based on business needs. We developed ETL packages to pull a high volume of data in 30 minutes and developed reports using HTML5-based controls with optimal page performance.
Gather Software requirements (~20%)
- Participate in regular conference calls with onsite and customer team
- Understand business needs to develop software requirements
- Elicit requirements from onsite team and customer team
- Develop iterative prototypes based on requirements
Application development using C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, and ASP.NET (~40%)
- Design and develop software architecture that is reliable, scalable, secure, and high performance
- Identify design alternatives and conduct technical feasibility
- Develop proof of concepts for technical evaluation and early customer feedback
- Develop algorithms to convert functional specifications into software design
- Write code and document it
- Unit test application features and data
Quality Control and Quality Assurance (~20%)
- Ensure quality of code as per standards, quality tools, and best practices
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot solutions
- Test solutions end to end
- Conduct peer code reviews and external code reviews
- Deploy and validate live solution
Training and certifications (~20%)
- Participate in technical trainings and clear relevant certifications in Data Platform, Data Analytics, and Cloud Platform
- Training using online platforms like Coursera and edX
- B. Tech./B.E. (CSE/IT)
- M. Tech. (CS/IT)
- BCA + MCA/B.Sc. (IT) + MCA/B.Sc. (CS) + MCA
- 60% plus or equivalent in Computer Science/Information Technology/MCA
- 2 to 5 years of software development experience
Why consider MAQ Software?
- Work on fairly complex projects for Fortune 500 companies on the latest software platform (Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server 2014, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Online, Cloud, Business Intelligence, and HTML5/CSS3)
- Deliver 4 - 6 projects in a typical year to gain great experience and a develop a strong resume
- Follow latest software engineering techniques including Agile and Lean development techniques which empowers you to contribute to your fullest potential
- Highly rated training program – Our intense training program prepares you to join live projects as early as possible after joining the company
Location: Mumbai, Hyderabad