IT Helpdesk Tech
Software Engineering | Redmond, WA | Part Time
Training and Career Opportunities
Our IT Helpdesk Tech role provides practical engagement with industry-relevant software and tools, including Power BI, Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure, SQL/Excel, and AWS. In addition, the position is responsible for supporting an engineering team that works on every aspect of software projects throughout their development lifecycles. The training and experience gained in this position translates directly into skills that are necessary for professional IT roles in the tech industry. Those showing high potential will have the opportunity to advance into software engineering project work.
This is a part-time position with flexible scheduling.
- Dell Latitude enterprise laptop hardware and software support for about 60 end users running Windows 10 and Office 2016. (30% effort)
- Manage a local area network (LAN) along with a wireless network of about 60 users
- Manage users using Office 365 and Azure Active Directory in collaboration with globally distributed IT team.
- Train end users on new Windows 10 and Office software use to save time (10% effort)
- To simplify operations, recommend software and hardware to take advantage of computing advances
- Setup and manage of network peripherals including printers, shared scanner
- Help update policies and procedures for hardware and software use
- Audit systems and software for performance and security compliance
- Scripting and deployment of software for engineering projects on AWS and Microsoft Cloud infrastructure
- Customer service skills to help end users with varying level of technical expertise
- Proven PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral/written communications and analytical skills