Marketing | Redmond, WA | Full Time
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our data analytics solutions drive insights using Azure Machine Learning (ML), AWS Machine Learning, and Cognitive Services. We are excited about the new opportunities offered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and cloud services which simplify data management.
We have been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past 20 years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner in data platform, data analytics, and application development. The company employs over 500 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a creative, hardworking individual to support the company’s content and social media initiatives. The Editor will research, write, and proofread executive communications and client materials. The Editor will also work directly with the CEO and engineering team on content projects with a company-wide impact. The projects include:
- Case studies
- White papers
- Explainer videos
- Best practice guides
The ideal candidate will be a social media enthusiast, adept at navigating shifting priorities, and team oriented. Must have a proven track record of generating fresh content aligned to an organization’s brand voice.
Social media responsibilities include ownership of social creative writing, calendar execution, and community engagement across the company’s social media accounts. This role will also assist the editorial and sales teams with campaigns, concepting, project management, strategic initiatives, and other tasks as business needs evolve.
The person in this role will be one of two researchers/writers and will work out of MAQ Software's office in Redmond, Washington.
- Research topics to verify information and participate in meetings to gather relevant background. Factcheck to aid in the preliminary writing stages.
- Work with the CEO to develop and uphold processes for requesting, creating, editing, and publishing content. Help forecast projects and troubleshoot workflow issues.
- Provide developmental, substantive, or copy editing for materials produced by the CEO and other work units across the organization. Ensure that content is clear and compelling, is appropriate for the target audience, and reflects the company’s tone and quality standards.
- Serve as an editor/content writer or substantive editor for print materials, digital content, and other collateral. Identify materials related to managerial and business success.
- Build and manage the company’s presence in our social media accounts, including Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Quora, and LinkedIn.
- Post content that is clear and compelling, appropriate for the target audience, and reflects the company’s tone and quality standards.
- Work with senior management to develop the company’s narrative across various social media platforms.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry.
- Build expertise on best practices and strategies in social media.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to determine social media ROI.
- Manage paid social execution, audience building, reporting, and related activities.
- Identify and engage with emerging social networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in English, business, communications, journalism, or related field required.
- One year of experience in communications and editing.
- One year of experience in digital marketing and social media, with proven experience developing social media content.
- Understanding of entrepreneurial companies, business management principles and avid reader of business books.
- Highly collaborative orientation. Aptitude for working with colleagues across a range of seniority levels and areas of subject matter expertise.
- Experience managing multiple projects and competing timelines.
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities quickly and effectively.
- Strong interest in technology.
- Experience working with C-level executives and IT industry professionals at all stages of the document-development process.
- Experience writing for a newspaper or other type of business publications.
- Personal presence on social media, with demonstrable command of multiple networks and their best practices.
- Proficiency with social media tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, etc.
- Computer science or engineering background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud, data, and analytics stacks.