Regional Client Services Manager
RCS - Account Management & Implementation | Austin, TX (Frontera Crossing) | Full Time
Responsible for tactical and strategic support over revenue cycle and client services operations, assuming full leadership and accountability for all matters related to the revenue cycle services contracted with clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Serve as subject matter expert on all matters related to revenue cycle including reimbursement methodologies, coding, reporting, CPT/HCPC, charge capture and billing and collection processes.
- Supports development, management, and analysis of accounts receivable to ensure maximum net revenue realization, stable cash collections, avoidance of denials and measured reduction to bad debt.
- Ensures appropriate internal controls within the revenue cycle system.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely client status updates, including the development, preparation and timely delivery of reports.
- Responsible for promoting and fostering professional and collegial internal and external relationships, including management, employees, physicians, patients, payors, vendors and third parties.
- Negotiate, review, analyze and interpret managed care contracts, billing guidelines and state/federal regulations.
- Direct understanding of the HIPAA regulations / guidelines
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A collaborative, team-oriented working style.
- Significant experience with reporting revenue cycle key performance indicators.
- Significant experience with billing and collections software systems, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Management/supervisor experience with patient services operations, including patient scheduling and reception services, cashiering services and medical records.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Strategic thinker who is up-to-date in all areas of the revenue cycle industry.
- Strong quantitative, analytic, and problem solving skills to evaluate all aspects of a problem or opportunity and draw valid conclusions to make or facilitate appropriate and timely decisions.
- Experience working in both the provider / hospital and health plan settings
- Successful track record in managed care contracting activities including contract negotiations, monitoring of contract performance, financial reporting and resolution of operational issues
- Strong ability to consistently prepare and review accurate analyses, projections, and rate proposals
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize activities with specific attention to details and higher-level strategies
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to conceive and create structure in an ambiguous environment
- High degree of effective time management and communication skills both oral and written
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of revenue cycle operations is required.
- Working knowledge of MS-DRGs and other coding methodologies as they apply to managed care.
- Exceptional knowledge of hospital finance and accounting, including patient accounting principles and operations.
- Experience working within a large, multi-level organization either in a health plan or provider is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience involving high-level negotiation activities and possess excellent negotiating skills.
- Bachelor or Master degree in healthcare administration or business administration, is preferred
- Membership and/or recognition in industry-related organizations such as HFMA, ACHE, MGMA, etc. is preferred.