Peer Recovery Support Specialist (NJ)
Care Solutions | Remote, NJ | Full Time
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled solutions to improve the lives of those affected by Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of advanced medical devices, predictive analytics, data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone’s goal is the same: revolutionizing addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people; our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still giving you the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous PTO package
- Employee Assistant Program
- Business-casual environment
- Free snacks & beverages
Peer Recovery Support Specialists (PRSS) perform phone and video contacts with Cases and Collaterals. The PRSS establishes and maintains a professional rapport with clientele over an extended period to ensure engagement in recovery and positive outcomes
- Provide peer recovery support based on an established treatment plan via telephone/video conference
- Conduct routine monitoring of client experience through standardized and proprietary assessments
- Timely and accurate documentation of client encounters and data
- Assist in guiding patient to community and health plan directed resources
- Assist in training of new Peer Recovery Support Specialists
- Support MAP clinical and product development team’s development of technology systems and operating protocols
- Relay client issues and concerns to clinical leadership
- Enforce and uphold all company employee ethics, confidentiality requirements, rules, guidelines and expectations
- Understand, respect and abide by all HIPAA laws and other applicable regulations at all times
- Maintain a professional and courteous image to MAP’s customers and fellow employees
- Participate in a well-paced and succinct manner in all staffing and meetings
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience working with substance use disorder, mental health or recovery work setting
- Certified or eligible for certification as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist
- You must have you have 3 years of continuous sobriety from drugs and alcohol
- You must actively be working a “program of recovery” related to your history of substance use. A “program of recovery” includes the following:
- Regular and active attendance of recovery support activities (12 – Step meetings, SMART Recovery, other mainstream recovery support community, regular appointments with a provider who is treating your substance use disorder).
- Maintaining a lifestyle that promotes continued mental, physical and spiritual health and healthy interpersonal relationships
- A genuine commitment to the support and health of individuals and families affected by substance use disorders.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the challenges facing individuals and families affected by substance use disorders in a manner that is accepting and free of stigma.
- Since this position is remote, you must have computer skills (tech savvy or advanced computer skills are a plus) which includes experience working with:
- Instant Messaging
- Video conferencing or Skype (or the like)
- Microsoft products (Outlook, Word…)
- You must have high-speed internet access or be willing to get it for yourself if offered the job.
- You must have a quiet room where you can work undisturbed for hours at a time.
- You must be able to work both individually and in a team setting.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or G.E.D.