Internal Application: Peer Recovery Support Specialist
Care Solutions | Remote | Full Time
***Looking for candidates in the following states:
Performs scheduled phone and video contacts with Cases and Consents. Participates on a well-paced and succinct manner in all staffing and meetings. Complies with all departmental and clinical standards, works with manager to establish and enforce appropriate policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains a professional rapport with clientele and other employees.
- Provide recovery support via telephone/video conference
- Database input and upkeep
- Perform training of new Specialists
- Develop Specialist systems and protocol
- Keep management informed
- Enforce and uphold all company employee ethics, confidentiality requirements, rules, guidelines and expectations
- Understand, respect and abide by all HIPAA laws and regulations at all times to the best of your ability
- Maintain a professional and courteous image to MAP’s customers and fellow employees
Supervisory Duties: No
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience working with substance use disorder, mental health or recovery work setting
- Must be certified or eligible for certification as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist.
- It is imperative you have 3 years of continuous sobriety from drugs and alcohol
- You must be actively working a “program of recovery” related to your issues with drug or alcohol addiction.
What does MAP consider working a “program of recovery?”
- Attending 12 step or other recovery centered meetings
- Having gone through the steps yourself at a minimum of two times with a sponsor and have experience of taking sponsees through the steps
- Having a sponsor and sponsees
- Daily regimen of spiritual practices such as prayer, meditation, reading literature, exercise, breath-work etc…
- An extremely high level of honesty, willingness, open-mindedness and integrity
- Involved in service to your respective fellowship or recovery program, i.e. chairing meetings, Hospital and institutions, area, regional or world commitments
- A working knowledge of the traditions and promises (N/A for non-12 step based fellowships such as Celebrate Recovery or Smart Recovery)
- A working knowledge of issues that arise from addiction/alcoholism and how they affect the family members and vice-versa i.e. manipulation, a false sense of entitlement, dishonesty, lack of integrity on the alcoholics/addicts side and enmeshment, codependency and hyper-vigilance on the families side and how to effectively address them and course correct them.
- Since this position is remote, you must have computer skills (tech savvy or advanced computer skills are a plus) which includes experience working with:
- Video conferencing or Skype (or the like)
- Microsoft products (Outlook, Word…)
- You must have high speed internet access or be willing to get it for yourself if offered the job.
- You must have a quiet room where you can work undisturbed for hours at a time.
- You must be able to work both individually and in a team setting.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- The employee will work in a remote office environment with repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Employee may be required to travel to meet payer sales goals and expectations (roughly 30%)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform functions.