Peer Recovery Support Specialist (CA)
Care Solutions | Remote, CA | Full Time
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled, peer recovery support services to improve the lives of those affected by Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of decades of experience in peer services, SUD treatment, predictive analytics, outcomes data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone’s goal is the same: revolutionizing addiction recovery to improve outcomes
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people; our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still giving you the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous PTO package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Business-casual environment
Peer Recovery Support Specialists (PRSS) perform phone and video contacts with Cases and Collaterals. The PRSS establishes and maintains a professional rapport with clientele over an extended period to ensure engagement in recovery and positive outcomes
- Provide peer recovery support based on an established treatment plan via telephone/video conference
- Conduct routine monitoring of client experience through standardized and proprietary assessments
- Timely and accurate documentation of client encounters and data
- Assist in guiding patient to community and health plan directed resources
- Assist in training of new Peer Recovery Support Specialists
- Support MAP clinical and product development team’s development of technology systems and operating protocols
- Relay client issues and concerns to clinical leadership
- Enforce and uphold all company employee ethics, confidentiality requirements, rules, guidelines and expectations
- Understand, respect and abide by all HIPAA laws and other applicable regulations at all times
- Maintain a professional and courteous image to MAP’s customers and fellow employees
- Participate in a well-paced and succinct manner in all staffing and meetings
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience working with substance use disorder, mental health or recovery work setting
- Certified or eligible for certification as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist
- You must have 3 years of continuous sobriety from drugs and alcohol
- You must actively be working a “program of recovery” related to your history of substance use. A “program of recovery” includes the following:
- Regular and active attendance of recovery support activities (12 – Step meetings, SMART Recovery, other mainstream recovery support community, regular appointments with a provider who is treating your substance use disorder).
- Maintaining a lifestyle that promotes continued mental, physical and spiritual health and healthy interpersonal relationships
- A genuine commitment to the support and health of individuals and families affected by substance use disorders.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the challenges facing individuals and families affected by substance use disorders in a manner that is accepting and free of stigma.
- Since this position is remote, you must have computer skills (tech savvy or advanced computer skills are a plus) which includes experience working with:
- Instant Messaging
- Video conferencing or Skype (or the like)
- Microsoft products (Outlook, Word…)
- You must have high-speed internet access or be willing to get it for yourself if offered the job.
- You must have a quiet room where you can work undisturbed for hours at a time.
- You must be able to work both individually and in a team setting.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or G.E.D.