Java Software Engineer (Contract)
Business Intelligence and Technology Services | Lost Creek Office, Austin, TX | Full Time and Contract
***This is a contract to hire opportunity. Will be evaluated for permanent placement after 60-90 days.
The Contract Java Software Engineer will join a talented, and growing team of smart people who enjoy coming to work each day to further the mission of MAP Health Management. Join a super motivated team and imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel innovations in the Healthcare industry.
- Architect and implement end to end, browser to database solutions.
- Design and develop efficient, scalable solutions in a java based cloud environment
- Participate in the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Generate technical documentation to communicate and educate development team and business users on architectural and design options.
- Resolve defects and assist in the pre-production deployment process
- Work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management, data science, product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- This is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Duties: No
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 4-6 years’ experience building world class, public facing web applications.
- 2+ years of REST API development
- Well versed in application/data security, and HIPAA
- Experience and understanding of service oriented architectures (SOA), Object Oriented Design/Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end and service layer architecture, including performance, accessibility and usability
- Experience developing in the healthcare and/or compliance domain preferred
- Expertise in Java.
- Knowledge in RDBMS, complex SQL, view and stored procedures
- Prior experience with Bitbucket & other Atlassian tools (or similar)
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission & revenue critical, customer facing applications and websites
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled solutions to improve the lives of those affected by Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of advanced medical devices, predictive analytics, data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone’s goal is the same: revolutionizing addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people; our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still giving you the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance your career.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous PTO package
- Employee Assistant Program
- Business-casual environment
- Free snacks & beverages