Java API Developer
Business Intelligence and Technology Services | Lost Creek Office, Austin, TX | Full Time
The Java API Developer will join a talented, and growing team of people who enjoy coming to work each day to further the mission of MAP Health Management. Join a super motivated team and imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel innovations in the Healthcare industry
- Design and develop efficient, scalable API integration layer and web based applications in a Java based cloud environment
- Lead the design and implementation of 3rd party API based integrations
- Also design API Management solutions and implement REST API, SOAP APIs across multiple technology vendors
- Document and coach team members on best practices, API management plans, integration across MAP technology products, and security policies.
- Participate in the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for all API integration work
- Mentor onshore and offshore team members, demonstrate technical expertise in coding and helping to solve challenging programming and design problems
- Generate technical documentation to communicate and educate others on architectural and design options.
- Maintain API documentation to guide team members and external partners
- Work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management, Dev/SecOps, QA, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant solutions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 3-5 years building world class, public facing web applications.
- Minimum of three years development experience in Java
- 2+ years of developing and deploying products with offshore counterparts
- 2+ years designing/developing external integration layer
- Well versed in coding best practices for security, performance, accessibility, and usability
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission & revenue critical, customer facing applications and websites
- MUST demonstrate experience with the following areas:
- API Schema design, Java content-delivery
- REST-based content-delivery API’s
- SOA and Microservices with AWS
- OAuth2.0, SAML and SSO.
- Bitbucket & Atlassian tools (or similar)
- Agile process and tools like RTC or JIRA.
- XSLT, XML and XQuery development
- Unit testing & experience with testing frameworks like Junit, Selenium, etc.
We're an award-winning company that uses cutting-edge, technology-enabled solutions to improve the lives of those affected by Substance Use Disorder. Based in Austin, Texas, our passionate team turns a combination of advanced medical devices, predictive analytics, data analysis, strategic partnerships, and strong coffee into real results that impact individuals and families all over the country. We have a variety of roles at our company, but everyone’s goal is the same: revolutionizing addiction recovery to improve outcomes.
We are a mission-driven organization that takes care of our people; our most valuable resource. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A supportive company culture that values what you bring to the table while still giving you the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance your career
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous PTO package
- Employee Assistant Program
- Business-casual environment
- Free snacks & beverages