HR | Austin, TX (Frontera Crossing) | Full Time
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the talent necessary to drive the company’s achievement of financial, compliance, and strategic goals. A successful HR Manager anticipates and addresses talent needs through strategic recruiting, staffing, and training. They must also motivate and retain existing talent by anticipating and responding to human resource issues as they arise. The HR Manager must have a broad knowledge of human resource legal requirements, trends, and practices and be aware of their impact on the management and operation of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full-cycle recruitment services - posts online solicitations, reviews résumés, conducts phone screens, coordinates interviews, conducts background and reference checks, and preps offer letters.
- Perform new hire orientations and exit interviews.
- Manage and process payroll and payroll-related reporting using Paylocity.
- Update and maintain the employee manual and other human resource and benefits communication materials. Ensure timely distribution of information and documentation to employees, as well as an understanding of policies, procedures and benefits.
- Maintain and update HR database including data entry for new hires, terminations, and updating personnel records.
- Serve as point of contact for benefits administration and questions. (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Disability, GTL, FMLA, etc.)
- Fortifies company adherence to workplace regulations including issues relating to wages and hours, payroll taxes, discrimination and harassment, workplace privacy, leaves of absence, employee benefits and health and safety.
- Processes, verifies, and maintains HR-related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications and employee leaves of absence.
- Ensures that the established hiring process is followed, documented, and fully complies with the company’s AAP and with all current EEO trends, laws and company’s hiring requirements.
- Minimum 5+ years Lead/Manager experience in Human Resources.
- BA in Human Resources or Business strongly preferred.
- Human resources certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) strongly preferred.
- Experienced practitioner in TX employer setting(s) for concepts, practices, procedures, regulations, laws.
- Non-exempt workforce oversight experience.
- Proven capability in working independently and with efficiency.
- Microsoft Office proficiency – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experienced HRMS/HRIS user – Paylocity preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines, good team approach, detailed & precise, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to analyze situations, solicit appropriate input & make decisions, prioritize to meet deadlines, exhibit grace under pressure, and serve as a team player.
- Proven ability to manage highly confidential information with discretion.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, attention to detail, the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, ability to think critically and creatively, and ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced, highly-productive environment.