Director, Training and Development
Care Solutions | Austin, TX (Lost Creek) | Full Time
We are currently seeking a Director of Training and Development to work in our MAP Care Solutions team. MAP Health Management is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom providing services to Substance Use and Behavioral Health patients isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind. The role of this resource will be responsible for designing and implementing training program, curriculum, content and metrics in our MAP Recovery Support and Care Management Services team. This role will also work with the Peer Recovery Support Specialists with ongoing and continuous education.
- Design and implement training programs aligned with MAP business strategy
- Assist in standing up a training and certification program as well as online classroom for Peers Recovery Specialists and other Substance Use treatment professionals that aligns with NAADAC, National Association for Addiction Professionals
- Develop training materials and update as needed for MAP’s clinical model, state and federal requirements
- Responsible for the assessment of training needs, and the design, delivery and evaluation of training programs
- Make recommendations around the best use and application of technology as part of both the design and development of training programs as well as their creation and delivery
- Ensure training and educational programs are congruent with MAP goals, initiatives, and federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with leadership in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of training and best use of resources
- Develop approaches to improving competencies and skills of team members to enhance productivity and performance, meet regulatory requirements, and improve technological abilities
- Manages training documentation and records
- Operate in close collaboration with the MAP clinical and compliance teams to ensure compliance, understanding and adherence to the model in order to measure its effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Monitors and measures the execution of clinical training, and its impact on the MAP’s clinical model with the focus on improving KPIs and patient outcomes. Recommends process and training changes based on results from these measures along with feedback from satisfaction surveys and client feedback.
- Employ strategies and techniques to promote a positive learning environment.
- Uses principles from theories of adult learning, motivational interviewing, organizational development, system change, and quality improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in Clinical Education, or Care Delivery: RN, LCSW, LICSW, MFT or LPC
- At least one year previous experience in substance abuse or behavioral health
- Must have two (2) or more years’ experience in a clinical setting
- At least two (2) year’s previous experience as educator/trainer strongly preferred, with experience in the design, development and delivery of training targeted toward adult learners in a clinical setting
- Experience in managed care preferred
- of theories of adult learning, organizational development, system change, motivational interviewing and quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast pace, multi-tasking team environment while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated sophisticated written and verbal presentation abilities; substantial experience with the development of presentation materials (collateral, proposals, presentations, talking points, etc.); proficiency in the management of time, flexibility, and influencing colleagues to meet demanding project/request timelines; developed ability to use various PC software programs: Learning Management Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to accomplish the quality and quantity of work expected within set limits of cost and time.
- Ability to cultivate a strong internal culture designed around collaboration, feedback, motivation, and accountability.
- Ability to plan own work and carry out assignments effectively and completely.
- Must have strong listening, written, and oral communication skill with ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence of others
- Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ethics: Be honest and trustworthy
- Respect: Be professional and courteous
- Quality: Yield specimen integrity and compliance
- Efficiency: Be proactive and autonomous
- Service: Provide exceptional customer service