Cash Application Specialist
RCS - Billing | Frontera Crossing Office, ATX | Full Time
The purpose of the Cash Application Specialist is to correctly and timely interpret third party payments/correspondence and apply this information to the core Revenue Cycle information system(s)triggering the appropriate departmental work process including denial appeal processing, underpayment recovery. Daily posting of third party transactions including denial and comment transactions as well as the balancing of cash transactions received in the form of electronic remittance files and mail deposits.
· Performs interpretation, transaction posting and validation of payment information from third party batches in the form of images via an electronic posting system or hard copy paper correspondence
· Performs corrections and edits to batches and or electronic remittance files; as assigned by the
Manager to enable timely and accurate posting of third party transactions
· Interprets and posts denial transaction codes as defined by the payer and provider organization to ensure the timely and accurate routing of denial follow-up and appeal activities
· Performs calculation of co-insurance and deductible percentages as needed based on the level of detail provided by the third party payer remittance
· Performs research on a routine basis to determine the appropriate posting account for unidentified payments received by the payer or patient which includes, but is not limited to, contacting third party payers and / or patients to inquire on correct payment account
· Performs research on bundled payments to determine the payment associated with the appropriate service procedures while ensuring balancing across all systems involved
· Performs payment transfer for undistributed self-pay payments to open self-pay accounts. This
transfer may occur across multiple systems
· Processing of credit card payments, and insurance payments with batch settlement procedures using tools such as credit card machines and web based payments sites
· Collaborates with multiple Revenue Cycle departments to investigate the location of a stated
· Conducts scanning and indexing functions in conjunction with document storing and balancing
- This is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Duties: No
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· At least two (2) years’ experience in healthcare accounts receivable related capacity, including, but not limited to, Billing, Collection, Customer Service, Remit Posting;
· Working knowledge of healthcare payer Explanation of Benefits.
· Knowledge of Healthcare information systems.
· Excellent PC data entry skills needed, including 10 key and Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
· Ability to work with a high attention to detail while maintaining production standards
- 4-year college degree and/or medical billing/coding certificate