Logistics | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Mammoth offers a wide variety of services in the cannabis industry including business development, branding, marketing & operations, distribution and more.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to coordinate all purchasing activities for our Cannabis related products. This can include Trim, Crude, Finished Distillate, and Terpenes for both THC and CBD products. This individual will need to understand the rigid lab testing requirements and keep up with the evolving phase-in requirements as implemented by the Bureau of Cannabis Control. Having contacts with Licensed Cultivators, Manufacturers, and Distributors is highly desired.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships throughout the State of California.
- Develop and maintain rigid lab testing requirements to ensure ALL products meet our minimum requirements.
- Work closely with the 3rd party labs on a daily basis to review and analyze the Certificate of Analysis.
- Help improve lead time issues with lab testing facilities as needed.
- Forecast our order needs based on sales history.
- Maintain in-stock rates and inventory within specified budgets.
- Provide weekly inventory reports to upper management.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and coordinate all lab testing and transportation requirements.
- Coordinate returns or replacements when a product does not meet the requirements.
- Track customers and sales team regarding product problems to identify root causes and product improvements.
- Work with suppliers to improve upon the quality of products.
- Work with our receiving team and inventory teams to ensure proper tracking of inventory.
- Work with product and marketing team to improve products for better quality results.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers.
- Help drive cost-reduction initiatives across the organization.
- Finding new suppliers when required/necessary.
- Assist product and marketing to source new products and services from new or existing suppliers.
- Thorough understanding of Cannabis Distillate from soil to oil
- Experience dealing with 3rd party lab testing facilities
- Experience with purchasing Cannabis products from licensed suppliers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work with Excel and analyze data
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help drive change and quality improvements
- Ability to drive throughout the state 50-75% of the time
- OK driving in a car for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to work remotely with little supervision