Director of Regulatory Compliance
Compliance | Woodland Hills, CA | Full Time
Mammoth Distribution is the fastest growing legal cannabis company in California. The company was founded in 2014 and specializes in cannabis manufacturing, distribution and sales.
The successful candidate will be organized, detail oriented, motivated to learn, responsible.
LOCATION: Work out of Woodland Hills but able to travel to sites for audits and events.
Law degree / cannabis industry experience are not required but candidate must be interested in learning laws and regulations in newly legalized cannabis industry. (Additional responsibilities DOE legal experience).
- Manage company’s state and local licenses and permits
- Manage company’s standard operating procedures and ensure implementation
- Conduct internal audits and coordinate 3rd party audits
- Manage company’s usage of compliance software
- Oversee & track customer complaint corrective action follow-through
- Regulatory record keeping (BCC, CDPH, Local) including business records, marketing and advertising, testing, inventory and transportation
- Local licensing requirements (hiring plans, public benefit tracking, etc.)
- Staff compliance training
- Product archive
- Manage document retention (as requested by outside lawyers)
- Support compliance consultant and outside lawyers
- Day to day legal activities such as:
- Issuance of basic contracts (NDAs, marketing agreements, etc.)
- Document tracking / requests
- Maintaining licensing logs / records / calendaring (incl. cannabis taxes)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Head of Compliance
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred