Program Services | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Wish Specialist
Department: Mission Delivery
Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports To: Director of Wish Granting
Type of Position: Full-time
JOB/POSITION SUMMARY: Manages a wish case load of 60-100 wishes annually ensuring each wish is of the utmost quality for every single child while working in partnership with internal and external constituents to make each one a reality.
- Sets expectations and ensures the coordination of all details involved with the wish, including but not limited to: transportation, accommodations, services, assisting chapters, medical equipment, liability forms, and itineraries.
- Grants wishes as assigned
- Conducts Wish Discovery Visits for each assigned wish child in partnership with one volunteer wish granter. Travel to central meeting locations for Wish Discovery required.
- Works with families, volunteers, vendors and donors throughout the wish process to ensure a quality wish experience.
- Works with volunteers and development team on the solicitation of in-kind goods and services to enhance the wish-granting process.
- Creates wish budgets and requests expense checks.
- Plans and creates itineraries and assembles and delivers/sends Wish Packets.
- Ensures all budget and expense forms track in-kind donations and cash expenditures properly.
- Maintains administrative records of wishes in RE database and files.
- As needed, seeks the advice of physicians, social workers, and other medical professionals to address medical needs of wish children or wish participants.
- Protects wish file confidentiality through chapter approved systems and personnel training.
- Functions as primary contact for chapter’s 24-hour emergency system as requested/scheduled.
- Consistently implements national and chapter wish-granting policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures to ensure consistent program quality and to protect wish families and the Foundation.
- Helps to identify and solve program issues and increase quality of wish experience for families and volunteers.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to reconcile wish budgets and reporting as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with referral sources.
- Participates in medical outreach as needed to teach and promote the Make-A-Wish mission and to increase quality referrals from medical professionals.
- Works in partnership with development team to identify families that have an interest to Wish It Forward.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Wish Granting and Chief Program Officer.
- Ideal candidate would have logistics planning, child life, communications or similar background
- Analytical and creative mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills; extreme orientation to detail
- Ability to create and manage timelines and deadlines to achieve individual and team goals, both long-term and short-term; Proven ability to take responsibility and to problem solve in a proactive manner
- Gracefulness under pressure and deadlines; must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Gregarious and approachable personality that works easily with internal and external partners
- Good negotiation skills; resourcefulness
- Positive, 'can do' attitude; no job is too big or too small
- Proactive, orientation to solutions
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and leverage cross-department resources
- Excellent customer service orientation and professional demeanor; willingness to go above-and-beyond
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, fast-paced team
- Ability to work weekends and evening wishes/events/functions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift or carry a minimum of 30 pounds
- Monthly travel required for wish visits in chapter territory, limited
To apply, visit our website. No phone calls, please.