Marketing Director of Biotechnology Startup
Marketing | London, UK, United Kingdom | Full Time
Lyxia is pre-commercial stage biotechnology company that is dedicated to the sustainable development, production and commercialization of specialty ingredients derived from natural microalgae. Our portfolio includes unique nutritional, personal care, and pharmaceutical intermediate products produced from both phototrophic and heterotrophic algae.
Location: Shenzhen, China (for 40%) and London, UK (60%)
What we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will be a high-energy, marketing professional with B2B, integrated, and international marketing experience, preferably with a background in nutraceuticals (or similar industry). You will be responsible for developing and executing a B2B branding and marketing strategy which will include the development of the following: corporate communication, pricing structure, tradeshow organization, collateral (website, brochures, videos etc), social network tactics to drive B2B demand for our products.
- Develop and implement both global and regional B2B programs.
- Collaborate and guide our Product Development team to match the voice of our customers.
- Effectively market our innovative ingredient and value-added products.
- Lead our branding initiatives to highlight the unique benefits of our products.
- Execute traditional, digital, and social-network communication efforts to maximize product awareness in downstream stakeholders.
- Implement price positioning strategies that would target key market segments to optimize market penetration and profitability.
- Support senior management in strategic partnership discussions.
- Communicate seamlessly with our technical team and senior management.
- Bachelor or Masters (preferred) in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience and a proven track record of success in specialty ingredient marketing.
- Willing to stay in Shenzhen China to work with the senior management and product development teams.
- To earn knowledge and to develop the design marketing strategy for the brand and product.
- Exceptional knowledge of B2B marketing strategies, concepts, and practices.
- Confident, driven, entrepreneurial and high-energy team player with a demonstrated ability in working with senior management, product development, and quality teams to execute business plans.
- Strong analytical skills that can translate complex and/or incomplete market data into actionable strategies to effectively support product and market development decision-making and resource allocation.
- Demonstrated skills in traditional, web, social network communication channels.
- Demonstrated project management competency.
- Effective time management, organization and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong design skills, especially with Photoshop and InDesign.