Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Engineering | Remote US | Full Time
Lytics, the customer data platform (CDP) built for marketing teams, improves your business performance by connecting the right data to Lytics’ powerful AI engine. By combining unique behavioral insights, machine learning, and real-time campaign orchestration, Lytics equips marketers with the tools to create unique one-to-one marketing campaigns and engagements based on each user’s interests and customer journey. Some of the world’s most innovative brands use Lytics’ CDP technology, including General Mills, Live Nation, Nestlé Purina, AEG, Industry Dive, and Yamaha. We are looking for smart, passionate, and dedicated individuals to grow with us and deliver great value to our customers and company.
Software Engineers on the Lytics Data Engineering team are responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Lytics’ data pipeline and end-user API endpoints related to the data pipeline, and work in collaboration with other teams like Data Science and Platform. Lytics primarily is looking for smart people with a drive to learn and collaborate. Candidates should have experience in one of the following: compilers, ETL, stream processing, graph databases, distributed engineering, and/or processing data at petabyte+ scale.
What Our Technology Looks Like:
- Our services are all in Go and hosted on GCP
- The data pipeline is a collection of distributed services, processing billions of events per day, using a Lambda Architecture
- We've built a unique data storage layer using cutting-edge graph and information retrieval technologies
- We provide access to data through multiple APIs and systems
- Our customers interact with Lytics via a SQL-like interface, which gets translated into AST which is evaluated by Lytic's data layer
- Be a key contributor to the development of Lytics’ data processing pipeline in all aspects such as availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, metrics, and future directions in its design
- Work with team members to design, document, and implement large-scale distributed streams and batch processing of petabytes of data using Go
- Work with Platform to develop new services on Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform
- Provide tooling and infrastructure for other internal teams, including Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales
- A learner, critical thinker, and problem-solving individual
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud operations (any cloud is fine), distributed systems, or data processing
- Software engineering knowledge in data structures, concurrent programming, distributed systems, and query processing
- Experience with CI/CD in a SaaS environment
- Experience with ETCD or Zookeeper
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Bigtable, or any other NoSQL databases
- Experience building data-intensive applications
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience writing Go not required but a huge plus
- Experience with Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, or any other large scale OLAP relational database
Should You Apply?
Well, yes! If you don't think you meet all the recommended requirements, that's okay! If you are excited about Lytics, Go, stream processing, distributed systems, data processing, machine learning, and/or marketing, we would love to chat; we may have an opportunity for you.
Why Work at Lytics?
You will be working in a company with tons of talent, that is in a rapidly growing space with plenty of opportunity. Since we are not a large company you will be able to learn everyone's name, and knowledge transfers quickly across the entire company. In addition the Lytics team is professional, open with sharing ideas and leadership is more than ready to help provide guidance on making you successful.
At Lytics, we recruit and reward employees based on performance and capability, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or physical ability.
Our goal at Lytics is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We know that the best ideas & the best solutions happen when people bring their uniqueness to work with them. Inclusion is an integral part of how we leverage that uniqueness into our company. Creating a culture of equality and respect isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed in emerging technologies.
We are committed to taking care of our team, and along with providing a competitive salary and great benefits for employees and their families, we are dedicated to making sure there are a variety of methods for staff to grow their skills and further their careers. Benefits include affordable health insurance, 401K Match, flexible PTO, stock options, paid parental leave, remote work connectivity benefits, life insurance and disability plans.
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job and company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!